1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What To Do With My Gt1000

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by David Hales, Sep 18, 2019.

1. ok i have been offered £5900 for it if i deliver it (11K Build), so do i
    A - Take a big hit and let it go
    B - Brake it
    C - Buy parts to turn it back to stock and sell the expensive bits ( there is a 7500 mile one on ebay at the moment for just under £5000 so thats £4500, so with the miles on mine (44,000), makes mine worth £3500-£4000
    D - Just keep it, but you all know what its like when you get another bike in your head

2. I dunno about you David...but I would love to see an end to this probably more than you do..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. if you need the money now - a
    if you dont ( and you sound like you dont, why ask us etc) - d

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. A. How much will it cost to turn it back into a stock bike?
    B. How easy do you think selling the "expensive bits" will be & what will you gross for them?

Then do the math based on the numbers.

Unless the answer to A is not much and B is "very easy & alot", I'd reduce the sales price, get rid & move on. How long have you had it for sale now?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. A. How much will it cost to turn it back into a stock bike? around £1500-£2k
    B. How easy do you think selling the "expensive bits" will be & what will you gross for them?, at the moment not sure if the bits would even sell, i would advertise some to see what happens

Then do the math based on the numbers. All depends how much it all sells for, its a gamble, if i break it if it all sells i reckon around £7k

Unless the answer to A is not much and B is "very easy & alot", I'd reduce the sales price, get rid & move on. How long have you had it for sale now? around a year

6. A. Outlay another £1500 to get a £4000 sale = £2500 net. You then sell the expensive bits for £3K (plus you do the work).
    You end with £5500

B. Gamble on breaking the entire bike and get £7k in a years time.

C. Sell now for £5900. Awful pain from the hit , but new bike on driveway soon!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. dosnt look like parts are selling at the moment either, i have had a few stock parts for sale for a bit an not much interest

8. Sell it at a lower price, move on
    GLWS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nobody wants moon mileage unless it's very,very cheap.IMO

• Like Like x 1
  10. maths you cretins :bucktooth:

11. im unemployed and nearly broke but i will give you 3k for it in cash and whatever wotsits i can stop myself from eating/find in the morning....

12. sorry, that was in poor taste.... i really dont know why this bike hasnt sold. fuck the perceived high miles, its a lovely bike and has obviously been well loved... keep it dude, enjoy it for what it was built for.

13. If you have the room and don’t need the money keep it. The mileage as you’re aware is your biggest obstacle to getting a higher price.

14. Not many bikes are selling at the moment mostly due to lock down but I wonder if it might be worth a call to these guys where they can sell it on your behalf for a fee I believe? They are not too long away.

https://classifieds.thebikeshed.cc/

15. I would be interested in the front wheel???

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. not selling just the front wheel

17. Don’t think it’s worth breaking it as I don’t think the parts are selling, I may manage to sell the wheels then be left with the rest

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information