1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Tours Are You Planning For 2020?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Sam1199, Oct 5, 2019.

1. I have two planned so far but hope to do more. In fact there is a 3rd in the offing but not confirmed.
    And if I can make it work I fancy going to Mugello as well.

Trip 1. Yet to be booked and confirmed but it’ll happen.
    The Pilgrimage to the MotoGP in Jerez with my main man Bazzer. It’s a boys trip and it has to be on Panigale’s. :D

Trip 2. Booked, well partly.
    The Multistrada down to Munich where I/we’ll meet ‘Jörg the laughing German’ and his girlfriend.
    Then on to Split in Croatia where we’ve booked a yacht for a weeks sailing and a garage to lock the bikes and gear away safely.

On the return leg I plan to do some of the Alpine passes. They’ll probably be closed when we head down there.

The Mrs will be coming on the pillion or possibly fly for a section of the trip according to how her
    96 year old dad is doing.

If I can make Mugello work with this trip I will. I’ve been promising myself a visit to the MotoGP there for a few years now.

It sounds bonkers! :motorcycleduc::p

• Like Like x 7
  2. Sounds awesome Sam..
    I've not recovered from my tour yet ( not helped by a very full on week in Poland) but I'm thinking a week or 2 in Spain at some point.. think I will just base myself somewhere nice and do daily ride outs instead of big miles .. like the idea of getting to know an area a bit better..

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Croatia thing sounds great. It's on my bucket list..

4. And yes, mugello is as much fun as it looks on TV! If I went again I think I'd camp at the track to get the full vibe.

5. Week in Spain at the end of May. No idea where we are going within yet after this year’s jaunt to Andalucia. Plenty of time to plan over winter. By the way, next year’s ferry tickets go on sale in about a week’s time.

6. Sounds like a couple of awesome trips. I've got a GS until around next March so hoping to rack up the miles over the winter. I was planning on the Dolomites this weekend and work out there for the week but work says no unfortunately! Instead I woke up this morning and decided to pop down to Cornwall to see the family! I love the change of mind set these bikes give you. There's no way I'd be so casual about ten hours of touring on a sports bike after doing Wales and back last weekend.

I dont know if I'll manage it but I'd really like to get out to Morocco before giving this bike back!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Loosely planned but not all is firmly arranged yet:

1. NC500 around May time
    2. Mugello in June (firm)
    3. Northumberland/borders in July (firm)
    3. Wales in August time
    4. Picos in September time

The above are dependent on a few things happening so it’s all very fluid atm.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bollox, Mugello is out for another year. That’s when we have the yacht booked. Careless error, shame.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Why not do WDW in July?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm hoping 2020 is going to be a big year :)
    Making plans for these at the moment:
    Spring ... Back to Nepal like last year ... but this time via Tibet to Everest Base Camp. Hired Royal Enfield again.
    Summer ... Iceland on my own Africa Twin.
    Autumn/Winter ... Back to South Africa to do the Garden Route with the Mrs on a hired Africa Twin, or maybe a long one from Alaska to Panama on my own bike. If not next year then defo the year after.

• Like Like x 2
  11. 1. A 2 week tour to Italy around September. Loads of places planned in like Ducati, Ferrari, Lambretta museum, Monza, Mugello, Nurburgring.

2. There was talk about a Spanish trip for a week with a group of lads from work I've never been away with before. But this has went very quiet. :confused: Pyrenees and Picos it is called. https://www.globalmotorcycletours.co.uk/pyrenees-picos-self-guided-motorcycle-tour

3. If No. 2 doesn't come off, maybe the NC500 again, but I'll just go up and down the west coast this time, I think. :thinkingface:

#11 Robarano, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  12. That sounds like a good list. Respec!

13. Good thought.

14. Either northern Spain or Ireland in June with my touring pals. I want to do the NC500 at some point and might do it solo over a couple of days.

My better half lives near Glasgow (I'm in Lancaster) - she's not into bikes due to a tragedy in the family concerning them...so a two day trip wouldn't piss her off too much. Could do it a Thursday and Friday and spend the weekend with her.

This looks fantastic, but not sure I could put up with dirt tracks all day...I do like my tarmac. And nice hotels and restaurants. Camping is for Scouts imo.

15. A couple of days is a big ask for the NC500 even if you cut some very big corners.

I did it in 4 days this year and will go for 5 next year.

16. I just wish I could get SWMBO on the back again but the older she gets the more worried she gets about everything. I’ll have to go on my own.

ps don’t forget about Ireland. Despite what you may have heard, the weather is great here in SW Ireland (from May to Sept)

• Like Like x 1
  17. As we are/or we’re, flying high we’re Planning our 2020 Champions league tour with West Ham, that’s if we can get the mini bus fixed in time and no, we have no plans to visit Oxford on route..

X

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Hi no plans for any major tours at present for next year would love to do the NC500 but still trying to convince the other half that it would be good for both of us
    I am going to Wales this coming weekend so still putting miles on the multistrada but nothing on the scale as you boys when you go on tour

19. Nothing yet. Really fancy Spain, but fancy it for a month not just a week and that wont be possible.

May have to make do with day trips again

20. Are you better and out of hospital now? If so :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information