1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 What Value?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Hughdg, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Long time friend who I didn't even know had a Panigale just asked me what I thought his bike is worth. Spec as follows. Have seen couple of pics and it looks very nice. If there's any genuine interest I'll try and find a way of sharing them. Think he's looking at around £12.5K

2012 1199s with ABS
    6350 miles with full Ducati service history, due for service on time
    Termi exhaust, carbon heat shield, carbon front and rear mudguards, suede seat, tail tidy,
    clear engine cover (clutch?) Evotech levers, carbon key surround, Ohlins, paint protection on front, new pads all round, new Supercorsas front and back.

At the moment that's all I know about the bike. Your thoughts on what it's worth as I'm not at all up on these.
    Thanks.

2. @Dibble can advise on prices, he bought a low mile 1199s.

I know someone who may be interested in this bike, as he sold his 1199 but hankers after another.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Iirc it was sub £10k

4. Hi I bought a 2012 1199s ABS privately, Full Ducati SH and was delivered to me directly from Ducati Glasgow having been serviced with a brand new set of tyres, also came with full DP trackday bodywork and all the mint road kit bubble wrapped and ready to fit.

Also had a load of carbon on it and the Termi System and original exhaust.

I bought it 14 months ago and paid a decent chunk under 10k for it. Mileage at purchase was 9k.

£12.5k is miles out and at that money I'd be into a 1299S without much trouble .....

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Looks like he might have to rethink his figures a bit then, thanks for the information.
    Anyone else's thoughts/ideas welcome.

6. Sold my 1199s tricolour a year ago this month for £12000, 10,000 miles 2 owners.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. I bought my 2013 1199 ABS from a main dealer (all be it a Yamaha main dealer) with 6750 miles, full history, 4 owners and a few DP carbon bits for £9300 back in October 2019

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. i just got 12k miles full dealer warranty, DP carbon bits, one owner but 2017 1299 and paid 10,900

9. I got nearly same pani for about 8400 but with temis. I got one not long ago privately for 7600. but no exhaust. just a standard bike.

10. £7600 for a 1199???? Was it fucked?

11. no mate. not at all. Just saying. if you are prepared to drive as this was dorset or look around you can have a bargain.

12. I’d say in this current climate it would need to be sub 10 depending on condition? problem is someone’s mint condition doesn’t mean anything till your sat next to it and qualify it for yourself. I once drive 8 hours in a hire van to pick a bike up that had done 1200 miles and was described by the seller as in new condition. As I turned up the guy was cleaning the fly’s off the screen with a green scrubby brush!!!! Seriously :eek::eek: every panel on the bike had some kind of mark,scratch or abrasions mark! That was an expensive day out and never ever to be repeated again.... Could be totally out the box and mint;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Think the above evidence suggest its an 8-9k bike at best.

I have also driven hundreds of miles for a bargain ;)

• WTF WTF x 1
  14. like I said if it’s out the box and proper mint then it might be worth sub 10... low 9’s... Miles are good and decent pipes... Ok not worth a fortune more but definitely adds value...

We all get so hooked up on whatever the market value is compared to what’s out there! .... It’s all about a happy balance. But most importantly the condition and maintenance... Plenty of unloved and low maintenance examples around! Personally my standards are so high i wouldn’t except anything less. Or it’s false economy! Not even if it’s cheap. Walk away:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Winter is your friend when buying an exotic sports bike for sure. I’ve owned nearly 80 bikes now since 2009 and a £10k bike in Nov-Feb can be had for £1500-£2000 less. When March appears the clamour is on and prices reset.

Some bikes also enter a strange cycle, with some models getting a market price hike for no discernible reason at times then drop back again

However upon reading some of the posts above I wonder how many of you would sell your bikes for the low end values you are touting ? Forums are renowned for high pricing for selling and low ball offers for buying and are often the hardest place to sell on !

I think the 1199S mentioned by the OP is worth £10500 all day long in a couple of months, £12500 is too salty but under £10k is a deal for someone if it’s mint

#16 Wazzaduke33, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  16. I missed the S bit. Apologies.

17. So right. I have purity a couple of bikes on here, all at trade in type price incl a 12k miles DVT and a full ohlins shod 848. Example DVT was 2k under retail, 12k miles, touring kit, all fully serviced etc. Nit a sniff. So I do price mine at lower end (trade in end) and people on here only like over the odds priced bikes.

18. Bikes are worth what the buyer is prepared to pay for them. No more, no less.

The sporstbike market is a dying market.Just look at ebay to see how many there are on there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. You ok there Greta ????

Do Not Sell My Personal Information