1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 What Will 2022 Bring For The Multi Range...

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by John W, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Title says it all.
    There are spy shots of a 17" front wheel variant, with a single sided swinging arm too.
    Speculation is that it might be a 'Pikes Peak' or similar variant, probably with manual ohlins.

In reality though are Ducati likely to go to the expense of type approving the changes just for one model. Will there in fact be a more sporty model that some of us are hoping for...

Also rumour has it that the current enduro model will not be available next year (may be because they can't get the 1260 engine through euro 5 ?)
    So will there be a bigger tanked 'GSA' style V4, or is the current V4 really the GS/A.

Discuss :D

2. Enduro is not being continued.
    As for the rest, who knows.

3. 17” version is imminent, according to those in the know. It was always on the cards, but Ducati have been enjoying watching everyone get worked up!

4. The 17 inch wheel version will have an electric motor ;)

5. Hmm, probably coming our way at some point but no good for a sports touring bike.
    Unless of course its just the starter motor :p

6. Would you mind not using the word variant in your post?

It’s making me nervous!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Hopefully an extra 15-20mpg.!

8. Sure, what would you prefer, Mutant or deviant perhaps ? :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah, BMW GS Mutant suits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Moist.

• Like Like x 1
  11. laava, lets see how that fits:
    "There are spy shots of a 17" front wheel moist, with a single sided swinging arm too."

Whilst Moist is a fine and underused word I'm not convinced it fits here, but whatever floats your boat :p

12. A discount on the asking price would be nice ;)
    I was planning on picking up a 1260 that’s come to the end of its PCP and traded for a V4 but if they’re bringing out a “road” version with a 17” wheel and SSSA maybe I’ll get a traded in V4 with a 19” wheel?

• Like Like x 1
  13. One major reason why I would like to upgrade (my non S '11 model) is the electronic suspension and all the tinkering that is required for different loads. I'm put off by so many things in the current V4 multi (looks, mileage, 19" front wheel, double SA, weight) and I still love my Multi. Having a SSSA and 17" wheel while trashing the electronic suspension would not sway me. Let's see what happens

#13 tzoykas, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  14. What do you want ? Performance and engine flexibility OR better petrol consumption ? Mutually exclusive, you cannot have them both. The current V4 has better consumption than my ‘12 1200, light comes on at 100 miles with it gasping on fumes at 150 miles. I had better add, in Sport and mostly in 3rd gear. Andy

#14 Android853sp, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  15. If I’m spending north of 18k, I want a bike that gives me more of what I want. What’s the point of developing something that it’s predecessor was better at?
    I don’t give a flying f about an extra 30-40-50hp.
    My current 1200 is more than adequate power wise, handles well enough, is smooth enough, looks better and does more mpg.
    I’d rather have 120nm of torque than 170hp on a touring bike..

That’s my opinion.. and you have yours..

We’ll agree to differ…

• Like Like x 3
  16. Most people expressing an opinion on this forum wanted sports bike performance and then were unhappy with the real world fuel consumption. I own a forever Multistrada in my first generation 1200S so have no opinion on the V4. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Perhaps I snapped back a little.

I can’t for the life of me understand any company that makes a touring bike that needs to stop for fuel that often.
    I’m in the mindset that what a great many of us have is already reasonably adequate. Some manufacturers are better here, some there. For my own selfish reasons, I like the fact that my DVT, even ridden hard, still returns 160 to the tank. I do ride it like I stole it too. Conversely or alternatively, when touring abroad even at a brisk pace, my bike can do 175 before the red bar flashes.

If Ducati want my money again, I want to see some sensible touring figures and not who’s got pub bragging rights.

And like you Andy, my DVT will likely be my forever bike as I simply enjoy it way too much to consider anything else.

Hope you didn’t get the wrong end of my stick. Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hi All:

Would a V4 for the 950(s) be in the product plans? A purely speculative question.

19. I too have a forever 2012 ohlins bike. its my fun bike, not used for long trips any more, thats what the newer one is for.

Personally I want a sports tourer. If they did a true replacement to the ST4S I would buy one over the current multistrada in a heart beat. The supersport is close, but not close enough. Needs to have a bigger engine, hard luggage, topbox, and be pillion friendly.
    I've even thought about grafting a dvt engine into an ST rolling chassis...

20. I wonder sometimes about how good bike manufacturers are at market research.

I bought a Multi because I want something quick that's comfortable. I'm tall, 6' 4" tall and 52...., so sport bikes have been a no go for me for some years.

If I had a choice, I'd go for a V4 Streetfighter with a half fairing. That way I would have a better handling bike without the remoteness of an adventure bike. Think big engined VFR with character.

Given the amount of new models, there still seems to be a big market for extreme sport bikes. But generally, riders are getting taller and bikes are getting smaller. Go figure.

Look at TT bikes, the first mod they make is to fit a taller screen. Standard screens are a testament to form over function. Crazy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information