1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 What Would You Consider As High Mileage?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Dazzx10r, May 21, 2019.

1. I called to have a look at an ex demo V4 today with just 450 miles on it, I got chatting to the salesman and asked him to give me a price on my 1299s as a px. He commented on my mileage being high hence a low ball offer. My bike has 9900 miles on it and all bar 1400 of them by me.
    Considering that the bike is coming up to 4yrs old I didn't think that the mileage was too bad, so what say you?

2. That sounds like a poor excuse, that is low milage given it's age, it is designed for riding anyhow??
    sounds like they don't want your bike and he should have said so and been honest. What dealer?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. IMO, the sales person you spoke to is talking out of their arse. With the advent of the V4, many Ducati owners stuck with their 1199s and 1299s, unwilling to consider a V4 which meant there was a shortage of good quality previously owned bikes. Again IMO, I still think good 1299s are realising a small premium. I’d look elsewhere. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. It was Italia Moto in Lincoln, they have just parted ways with Ducati for some reason.

5. Less than 2500 a year does not sound a lot. The salesman was perhaps just feeding you a line to justify a low offer.

Some years ago a friend was buying a 6 series bmw, the dealership he was in only had a manual , the salesman told my (gullible) friend that every one wanted manuals in the 6 series, a proper drivers car sir. When the time came to part ex it some years later the same dealer told him that only autos were popular in 6 series as they were luxury cars, hence the low part ex offer.

6. What price did you expect and what price was offered?

7. That’s odd, Moto Italia are a reputable dealer. Not sure why recently going their separate ways from Ducati should affect their business model though. Perhaps they have decided to move away from stocking previously owned Ducati totally. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Piss poor excuse to try and give you a low price. 2500 miles a year is nowhere near excessive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Bet they would not be advertising it as high milage if they bought it

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Turn this the other way around...Would you buy a bike that done 4000miles or one that done 10000miles?
    I am not that fussed about mileage as long as it has been warmed up and serviced properly. Going even further I would rather buy a 10k one from a chap I know or at least seems a sensible owner than buy a 6k one that had 3 unknown owners.
    But how would I know if buying from dealer? Therefore buying a lower mileage bike is a safer bet hence they offered you less, also they have to offer at least 3months warranty when re-selling.
    Seeing the prices on ebay for 1299s I would guess 13k px price would be reasonable figure?

11. Mate, I enquired twice about the ex-demo V4 @ Moto Italia twice a few months ago........ended up going to Ducati Nottingham and getting a brand new V4s for the same money as the demo . Don’t get too hyped up with the Moto Italia love in. I dealt with Curtis @ Nottingham, top bloke and got to where I wanted to be price wise but more importantly dealt with my enquiry promptly, professionally and there are discounts available on new V4s (he has a new one sat ready to go)

Just a shame, I didn’t know about the cancelled Speciale that was arriving that would of been even more fun deciding..........

No affiliation, just grateful of the good service #nottinghamducati

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. My local dealer had a 1098R in with 16,000 miles on it, which they said was no issue. I believe them totally, however if I had been trying to sell them it, I'm sure they would have talked about the bike as if it were fit for scrap. They will use whatever leverage they think they have, including the odometer on your bike, your desire towards the new bike and whether the sun is shining or not. :rolleyes:

While undoubtedley your bike may be slightly less desireable than a 2,000 mile bike for a dealer to sell, the mileage is in no way excessive.

The caveat to that is that @Exige would consider the 450 mile bike you want to buy to be a "high miler". o_O

• Like Like x 1
  13. Different bike but today I was offered £200 less for my scrambler 1100 which is 10 months old by Ducati against list on a new Multistrada than we buy any bike offered me as. Cash buy which I thought was still a low offer.

So much for loyalty..

10 months on offering me £300 more than the GFV in 2 years time of £6450

That’s a big hit for 10 months

So maybe this time of year is not a good time to buy a new bike!

14. 3 of my 1098R's have more mileage on than yours :joy:

15. How much did you expect, and what was the offer?
    Mine has 15k miles on it and I was offered £12k p-ex on a new V4S by a couple of dealers.

There’s apparently another very low mileage ex-demonstrator V4S at Ducati Glasgow...

16. No they don't. :)

17. Yes they do :eek:

18. Don't :mad:

19. Do :innocent: nutter :p

20. I could only have an argument with you about who's bike has the highest miles. :no_mouth: Have you been out in the sun today, you loon? :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information