1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 What's My 1299s Worth?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Freak, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Toying with selling my 1299S, quick look on the bay and there's not many for sale, mainly base models so looking for a ball park figure private/trade I guess.

16 plate
    1 owner (me)
    6500 miles
    FDSH (JHP), over serviced in fact but will be serviced (fluids I suspect) if I decide to sell
    White R vinyl numberboards
    PPF
    Lightech rearsets
    Carbon shock guard
    Carbon hugger
    Carbon engine protectors - The DP ones
    R sprocket/chain kit
    Full akra

Not that there worth much but I've got the original system, rearsets etc which were off the bike before it was ridden so as new.

Never dropped/crashed etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. id say anywhere between 13-15k mate.

3. I'm looking online for bikes at the moment and it is interesing that you see 1299's and V4's asking around the £15k mark (up to in the case of 1299, from a little bit under and upwards in the case of the V4).
    I dont know whether people specifically prefer a 2cyl to a 4cyl and whether they are separate pricing brackets - but if they are just looking at Ducati Superbike vs price, not sure if the 1299's need some value gap to the V4 to move quickly.
    You can obviously argue about the value of the S (1299) vs base (V4).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Full Akra sells for £2k on it's own. So there's easily £15k there if the standard parts are refitted, and extras sold separately.

5. Hi there,
    I have to agree with Pauly, if you can refit the standard exhaust and sell the Akropovic seperately you will definitely net more money, bear in mind you are looking at a minimum of five hours to do the job so if you are paying for it that needs factoring in but if you can do it yourself its a days work to earn £2k so not bad! Also remember that the upmap can only be done buy a dealer with access to the DCS system so speak to your local dealer about this.
    There is a divide between the V2 and V4 customers, the 1299 was the last "proper" Ducati superbike in many peoples eyes so will maintain values disproportionally compared to newer "superior" models.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. That would be my advice, take every bit of bling off it and return to stock. Sell the bling and the bike will actually be worth more without it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The roads where I've moved to, are crap compared to where I lived a year ago. So I might advertise my 1299S in a few weeks. 3k miles, 4 months Ducati warranty. It will be interesting to see where prices are when the sun comes out.
    DUC4.jpg

8. nice bike

• Like Like x 1
  9. IMHO the 1299 is the Panigale model to have, choose your flavour, R,S,FE or even base but that engine is ultimate Ducati

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Just stick it on ebay, Autotrader even Facebook market place for £14995.

Sit and wait for the right buyer.

11. Hearing this make me really look forward to when I eventually ride mine!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I reckon the S has bottomed out pricewise.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Hi, I just paid 14K for my S at a dealer with 7.5K miles on it

• Like Like x 1
  14. And I bet you haven’t stopped drooling over it since. :)
    Beautiful aren’t they?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Just can't believe i have one

• Like Like x 3
  16. Popped my wife’s Touareg on autotrader Jan 1st (£60) and got a couple of nibbles from dealers. Decided to try FB marketplace (free) and deposit received within 36 hours. For reference it sold for <£25k so not only good for second hand lamps and furniture.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information