1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Planned For 2017?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by bradders, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Bit bored....so what have people got planned for 2017 bikes related?

At the moment my backburner plan includes:

2 Eurotrackdays - not sure what bike yet, but think the triumph will go and may just get older zx6r
    A euro enduro tour - Redline looking good for all three of these things
    Must get a Germany run in at some point. My wife is away most of June and into early July so thinking that could be a week on the continent somewhere, and June is probably as dry as it gets over there
    Few weekends away in the UK, living on the edge of Wales its a waste not too. Fri-Sun night stuff and maybe pack a tent
    Scotland for a few days is a must as never been there driving, always flying, or done any sightseeing (can't count Edinburgh)

Only done 4k miles in the last 12m so have some catching up to do!

2. As many track days I can fit in.

3. SFS on the road next year again as well as the R1 for weekend blats - nothing long distance planned although a few things been mentioned for a euro trip.
    Might sell my RSVR and MV 750 Evo 3
    Hopefully progress the KR build more!
    Try not to buy another bike.
    That's the plan anyhoo :)

4. Happy with the bikes i have so no bike changes next year,want to do css levels 1 and 2 or at the very least a Ron Haslam day and to do a euro track day,a return trip to Scotland is on the cards as its my 50th next year, so my choice of holidays a breaks.

5. Andalusia on my Whyte t130

2018 will be Portimao though on the new 1098

6. 3 days open pit lane at Almeria in May, Catalunya round of the MotoGP in June, British round of the MotoGP in August/September and 3 days open pit lane at Cartagena in October. Rebuild the 748R having robbed back the bits from the 853. Rebuild the 853 with all the bits I've been collecting to replace the bits that have gone back to the 748R. Fit track fairings and that nice new Ohlins TTX rear shock with the remote preload adjuster to the 1098R ready for Almeria. Hoping Ducati UK are going to sponsor a Silverstone track day again in July and I can hear Brands and Mallory calling for the odd day inbetween. Oh yes, sod work, I'm going to retire at Christmas. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  7. Get the 3 bikes tip-top.

Wifey to do CBT and maybe her test followed by Scrambler/monster.

Get the lad a bike if he feels the desire but I'm not pushing him, he needs to want it.

Track days.

8. Am hoping to get some UK track time in too, especially a 2 layer with OMCC or may just organise one. Thinking a back-2-back Anglesey weekend

• Like Like x 1
  9. 2 days booked on the California Superbike School @Silverstone, then hope to do a lot of track days. I have spent too many years away and have some catching up to do.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Just try and hang on to mine would be good....and going the other way a set of marchesini's for my z1000 (thatll finish it off)....got the tt booked up but might be bailing on that yet (see how the year goes) but try to get a BSB round (never been before). Couple of Weston bike nights, a poole bike nght if I can do it, maybe a motogp round at Silverstone.....went to the kawaski day this year at Silverstone - that was surprisingly good so ill go again next year definitely.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Loads of track days on my Yamaha R1M Great bike.
    And might treat myself too a set of wheel barrow pipes for my SL1.
    And was thinking today to take my 998R out of storage and clean it and polish it which is rear for me lol I'm not that annual around bikes even tho i have a bout of OCD lol and stick it the front room.
    And my 1098R which i use for the road might get a different quick shifter for similar to the 1299S.
    Oh last thing my Desmo D16 RR i might give that a quick and i mean a quick clean i noticed a lot of cob webs lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. I've got a trip to Italy for a few days in June already booked, taking in the Mugello GP, a Ducati factory tour and a trip to Tuvullia - I'll be on the Panigale for that one.

Thinking about a couple of weekends to wales on both the scrambler and Panigale.

And I hope to do a couple of track days and maybe an off road course too, if work doesn't get in the way :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blue dot festival tickets secured, planning on going to the end of the road festival later in the year. Ferry over to Santander taking in the basque region of northern Spain then over to Portugal. Sketchy plans at the moment with nothing booked as yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 1. Do a taught track day
    2. Do some track days on my own bike
    3. Hopefully the girlfriend will get her licence and we can do more together
    4. Go to EICMA or whatever it's called in Milan
    5. Mods to the bike will depend on if the girl gets into it and we buy her one or not

• Like Like x 1
  15. See you there!

Doing Ducati tour, Tuvulia, San Marino (on the way to tuvulia), Mugello GP, over to spain for the Catalan GP and home - 3 weeks total on the Panigale :)

Lots of track days! track bike and gear purchased to start this now :)

Potential Ron Haslam training day.

• Like Like x 1
  16. no plans ,,,,,,,,,,,,, just dreams .

• Like Like x 3
  17. Got a week in Wales beginning of July to complete what the weather scuppered this year. Then I really want to go on to Ireland. All depends what sort of summer we have.

• Like Like x 3
    • First time track days with the ST2
    • Imatranajo weekend, it is now sure they are organizing the event again
    • The most important will be a new trip to the South (from Finland POV). This time we are thinking about Belarus, but I'm still hesitant as it is surely to be dangerous and you probably need to bribe persons to get out of situations etc. and that's not my cup of tea :) Last summer we went to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, and we were surprised how quickly we were able to travel. I think if we push, we can reach Belarus in one day. Of course Germany/Italy/France would be preferable destinations, but it takes too much money and time, maybe in a year or two...

• Like Like x 3
  18. To get back riding and to get my Bro walking without two crutches....he's been out on the bikes more than I have!

• Like Like x 6
  19. Trackdays already booked for 2017

Jerez May
    Imola August
    Mugello August

And as many days as I can get on UK tracks.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information