1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's The Best Way To Sell A Private Number Plate

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by JAM35, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi all

I am thinking of selling a private number plate to part fund a new project.

It's JAM 35V so sort of JAMES V. Yes I know, I know. Please no comments about spacing etc but you get the drift.

Obviously limited market but has anyone here had experience of selling a registration. E.g. Regtransfers or national numbers. Etc.

Any advice would be most welcome.
    Regards

James

2. Car boot...

3. No, number plate :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. You've no chance of selling it on here.........everyone is called Dave :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. I know a dude called Jam who loves anything in a 30-40 volt range.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  6. I've sold a couple of registration numbers, at my asking price, by advertising them in the Sunday Times car and number plates classified section.

#7 Borgo Panigale, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  7. The big money is not in bikes so what you want is an expensive car mag or places with money, a lot of them are called james or ogligarch. The other option is to go to expensive marque forums, aston martin, merc amg, lambo, ferrari etc and try selling in there

8. I have used RegTransfers to buy and sell plates in the past, they used to be good but my last few dealings with them have not been, I will go elsewhere in future.
    Or you can place a classified ad on fleabay or Gumtree and just let it run for 28 days.
    Or depending on how quick you want shut of it enter it into a DVLA auction and set your own reserve.
    Best thing to do is do your own research and try and gauge your own price, if you ask the reg plate company's to value them they are usually on the low side as they want to shift them and get their cut.
    Good luck......

9. Thanks for all your replies/advice

Cheers

10. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information