1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Whats The Difference Between Streetfighter And Superbike 1098 Engines

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Cupid Stunt, Jul 14, 2017.

1. SO who can tell me why the streetfighter 1098 engine doesnt seem as powerful as its superbike brother ?

2. The Street Fighter has 12hp and 10lbf torque less than the 1098, probably down to ecu map and valve timing. Andy

3. Hi Andy, thanks for that, is that all it is, so if I used a map from a 1098s superbike would it gain me some extra ponies ?

4. Nop.

5. You'd have to dig a little deeper to be certain but I can't see the basic 1098 engine parts spec being any different so it would be down to mapping and how long the valves are open. I am sure a good dyno man who knows the Ducati engine would be able to get you a significant improvement in mid range torque rather than top end just from a bespoke map and better breathing but that comes at a cost in fuel consumption. If you want to go the whole hog, you need to be friendly with an engine builder who understands cam timing and possibly fitting a sportier cam profile. A few words of caution though, from personal experience, chasing performance requires a fat wallet. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oh I know about the fat wallet thing been there. Might take the bike down to MotoRapido, he did my Panni & 848 Evo and I gained a fair bit on both.
    I actually got better fuel consumption on the Evo.

7. It's those reservoirs slowing it down.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Engine is a lot lighter due to using 11198 casings. I have one in my road bike contraption....Lively little bugger...:D

9. Stronger crank bearings :)

10. the super bike engines are not the same, the 848SF uses the 11 deg head similar to the multistrada or diavel,

Do Not Sell My Personal Information