1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel What's The Difference Gen1 And Gen2

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Simon-Ducati, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Hi folks just wondered if anyone knows what differences are?

2. Cosmetics mostly. Early Diavel was available in plain red as well as the carbon. Then you had the Stripe. AMG was a limited edition as was the Titanium. Seat pads changed between years and how could you forget the Diavel Strada that came with semi rigid panniers :Vomit:. I'm pretty sure the engine has remained the same until this latest incarnation. There is a lot of info to be got fom the Ducati.com web site under archived models. Andy

3. Forgot, no twin spark engine. Andy

4. When did the twin spark arrive Andy?

5. Also do you know how often services are please?

6. Sorry, I meant that they didn't use the twin spark.
    Same sevice interval as all the 11 degree testastretta engines. 7,500 miles or 12 months. Belts every 5 years or 15,000 miles. Just had the fourth service on my girlfriends 2012 model and all have been around £200. A couple have been £20 less and a couple have been £20 more. Belts service will be about £600. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. one is ugly, the other is uglier (imo)

8. Thanks Andy 5 years for the belts is great news I expected every 2 years.

9. Twin spark is in the new 3rd generation Diavel. Previous two generations didn't use It. Andy

10. Is the 3rd generation 2015 on?

11. Latest version with the new twin spark engine was launched at EICMA at the end of last year (2015) and what we saw at the NEC in November/December. Probably be delivered to UK dealerships for the new 16 registration. Don't be put off, the non twin spark is still a great engine, my girlfriend has no issues with it and has happily tracked hers. Andy

12. The Diavil has really grown on me. I've had 1198 1098 hypermotard and a few 996 in my time but the Diavil is starting to make sense to me......

#12 Simon-Ducati, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  13. The Gen 2s had LED headlights, revised farings covering the air tubes, they started to blacken up things like bars and mirror stalks. The Gen 1 motor is fine, even better if you get the lumpy throttle response tuned out,

Snells In Alton quoted me £750 for the 15k service...not nice

14. £750 ouch I assume that includes valve clearance check?

15. yeah, from the Ducati dealer it includes any work to actually change the clearances. I've been quoted less but then get told that to make any changes involves more work and cost that is not quoted for, buggers...to be fair to make an adjustment I'm told requires the cams to be removed.

16. Just done a bit of research on the Diavil it says valve clearance every 18000 miles and Andy said belts every 5 years so maintainance isn't that bad at all.

17. 15,000 miles or 18,000 miles for a 'valves plus' service. May be worth checking with a dealer or service centre as this could depend on the age of the bike.

Servicing Plan N4'11 - Ducati Servicing - Ducati Bikes Glasgow

"Valves Plus"
    Due every 15,000 miles or 18,000 miles dependent on model (ask us for details). Valve clearance examination and adjustment if required.
    Cam belt tension check and adjustment
    Add £231.00 inc 20%VAT

"Belts"
    Cam Belts must be changed every 15,000 miles or 5 years
    There is no additional labour cost for fitting the belts if they are being done as part of a service plan
    The reason being, we are already doing belt tension (see the operations carried out during a service) as part of our service, it is not difficult or time consuming at that stage in the process to remove the used belts and fit the new and re- tension.

18. That's very reasonable

Do Not Sell My Personal Information