1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheels

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shakeys dad, Oct 5, 2017.

1. does anybody know if the wheels off a 1098r will fit a base model 1199

2. Rear will front will require spacers I belive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wayne

I think the front brake discs on the Panigale are spaced further apart than on the 1098/1198 , in order to get better air flow over discs , apparently. I may be talking complete bollocks , It wouldn't be the first time.

Kev

However

I am sure they would fit my MTS , if you were thinking about throwing them away. As a friend , I wouldnt charge you much for disposing of them.

#3 KevR, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I was thinking of taking the panigale to Almeria and ive just had new tyres fitted to those wheels

5. As @KevR correctly suggested, the Panigale disks are placed further out on the front wheel to improve air flow and cooling.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. hate it when kevs right

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I thought you preferred the 1198 as a track bike. If you want to put the new tyres from the 1098R wheels on your Panigale , there is a bloke on Ashby Road , who sells and fits part worn track tyres that would do it cheap , or Riders in Midway ( near Clock Garage ) charge £10 per wheel.
    Botty has got the phone no of the bloke on Ashby Road.

It doesnt happen very often !!!!
    How come Ben gets a thanks for the information I had just given you , and I get SFA.

#7 KevR, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. There you go :)

9. sorted

• Like Like x 2
  10. I think I do,but fancied a change.ive been to dougie on ashby road a few times,and riders just fitted the new tyres on the r wheels

11. 1098R wheels on a Pani..

You need wheel spacers for the front and spacers for the discs plus longer disc bolts. Marchesini do a kit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. They look very nice on the Panigale.

Wayne
    There is your answer , you've got about 4 weeks to get it sorted before we have to drop bikes at donington for transport to Almeria. I would imagine the 1098R wheels are a fair bit lighter than your original Panigale wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Those gold wheels make the pani look proper. Nice one @Mr C

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information