1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Organising Accommodation What Do You Look For?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by West Cork Paul, Mar 6, 2019.

1. I'm doing a bit of research for a project I have underway, not me going touring (this time), but providing facilities for those that are.

So, you're beginning to organise your trip, it doesn't matter where, but what do you need, want, desire, be nice to have, with regards to the accommodation you'll be booking?

TIA

2. Off road parking (pref garaged). Single rooms (my lot don’t do sharing). Good food & drink near by.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Drying room for your kit if it rains. Lady at a B&B we stayed at in Iceland let us put all our gear in her basement where the central heating boiler was. Kit dry the following morning.
    If bike touring the address or at least phone number of local bike dealers in area your staying. Just in case you need a spare lever, fuse or small part if you come a cropper.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Free, free beer, secure parking :):upyeah:

5. I always check from google streetview that it is somewhere, and not in the middle of nowhere. We usually try to get one within walking distance of the city center. No streetside parking. We like to go to local restaurants, so at least one should be near, and a shop is always a bonus (just to get bottled water, beer, crisps etc). When going to hot places, air conditioning. And as already mentioned, once had to use the boiler room also to dry _completely_ soaked riding gear in Germany. We bought a "motorcyclists map" with motorcycle friendly hotels, and just got one from there. It was excellent, with the boiler room, garage and good food & beer and discussions with the owner.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. To be able to walk into a nice small town with good eateries

Off road parking

If staying more than one night then decent size room, shower, large bed, views & a pool

Good home cooked breakfast

Love it when they offer a takeaway lunch/picnic

Oh and guaranteed sunshine :) & nice guests to chat with & share a nitecap

Easily pleased me

• Like Like x 1
  7. Near a strip joint!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. A good shower and clean comfortable bed an ability to control room temperature and decent toilet roll if you have that lot you will be ok ....as joe said a strip joint or brothel very close by would make up for any of the above not been up to scratch ....but get the first bit right including the free WiFi and the second part is not essential

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. When we went to pick up my 999S from Ducati Frankfurt a couple of years ago we didn’t bother to book an overnight stop as it is only a few hours drive from Geneva. We (James and I) figured we’d pick the bike up, hit the red light district and find a knocking shop to while away a few hours before heading home.
    After a trawl of the red lights, we ended up in a brothel at a truck stop on the outskirts of town. Jesus, I thought I was brave; the hookers in there could have curdled milk with just one look. Needless to say, back to van with our tails between our legs and a long but welcome drive home!
    Why is it never like it is in the movies?

Is this the kind of advice you are looking for?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Why go out when the room entertainment is always worth the extra cash;)
    253A2CAA00000578-2944586-image-m-34_1423397630216.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Or .....flipping cheaper, don’t have to buy flowers either

8565381F-B141-4CF9-940B-B27ABC238DA4.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Yeah see, nothing like that in real life!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michelin star restaurant....and I’m not kidding:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. You're not making the right phone calls my friend,but i get your point:upyeah:

15. Defo need bed, en suite, restaurant or food within 5 min walk and parking.

Desirables, Wi Fi, plenty of plugs / power points, bar, garage, bottle of water, Goblin Teasmade .

TB

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Goblin and a Teasmade :eek: bit greedy :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I thought women could multi task :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Single beds that are....separate if sharing. not joking Germany, Austria and France sometimes have a different idea to me of what is classified as a single bed!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. On long hauls, a bath, good for aches and pains.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information