1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 When To Get The Service Done

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tifosi256, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Hi All,

So my 1260S is due for it's 9k service in the next 500 or so miles. The service warning on the dash hasn't come on yet. I'm just wondering, am I supposed to wait for it to come on (so that it can be reset?). I was warned on the 600 mile one to make sure it was on the screen before getting that service done so that the light could be reset. Or can it be any time before 9k miles? Do I risk breaking my warranty if I do 9001 miles before a service? I guess that's my main concern...

2. Best to wait for the service light to come on, for the reason you suggest.
    If you go over 9000 miles before getting the service done it won't invalidate your warranty provided it's not thousands over, and even then I'm not sure. Your best bet is to phone your dealer and ask his advice on how much leeway is allowed.

3. Thanks @Coman.

I'm actually trying to work out who my dealer will be going forward. This is my first Ducati. Ducati Aylesbury are closest to me, but seem to have a bit of a mixed reputation for servicing. I'm toying with Ducati Coventry (JHP), Pro Twins or Ducati Nottingham (who did my 600 mile one).

4. OYB (Aylesbury) do a 10% winter discount. Which I highly recommend personally, plus theres a food van now on-site permanently. You could do those 500miles in two good days riding imho. They also now have a courtesy bike dependent on availibility'

5. I was advised to do about 80 miles over the due service mileage in order for the workshop to reset the indicator so that's what I did. Andy

6. Yes, I would wait til over required mileage. Took my dvt in just a few miles early and had to go back to get indicator reset. They didn't charge extra since I had the service done there. But an extra trip.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I did get the 10% discount notification from OYB, but since it's not the desmo service, 10% doesn't add up to that much, and I was more concerned with going somewhere that had the best reputation. They've not done anything bad to me personally, but I know people who say they would only buy from them, not get it serviced there. Given the huge service intervals, I'm happy to ride 200 miles a year if it means I go somewhere that will give the bike the best service possible.

8. You are not that far from Snells, M3 J6 and Moto Rapido, M3 J9 both of whom have their advocates and both I believe offer courtesy bikes. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. GZB, I think most dealers do a winter discounted labour rate these days. Its certainly worth an ask before booking in, just to be clear.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information