1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where To Look?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Not Carl Fogarty, Apr 27, 2019.

1. How do people search UK trackdays? I've only booked via (links) suggested so far.

I see they have a Trackdays (tab) section on most circuit websites. Seems the most obvious route?
    Can select "all track days" and choose organiser, does not seem to limit options, i.e. MSV only at MSV circuits, they list all I think?. I think this is how I would, very similar to booking race testing, just more options.

A group I know have suggested a date via trackdays.co.uk. I guess there are lots of sites like this. I can't see there being much difference in price or availability on other sites.

I'm not familiar with all the different organisers MSV, NL etc.. how professional they, or pace etc.I guess it's a case of reading the small print, DB levels, circuit layout.

I understand booking very near a race weekend has an effect on pace. < this is standard.
    Many more variables than I am used to.

I don't know if there are any to avoid. I guess people will have different views on this.

2. There are 3 main UK TDOs and they are NL, MSV and Focused Events, Ducati UK run 2 days per year and those are at Silverstone and Donny, the Ducati days are run for them by the CSS, beyond that its secondary niche vendors.

NL do a variety of types of day inc road bike only days, reducing the number of hardcore TD attendees and testing racers, so a better intro, I also understand that MSV do novice only days.

I book in this order

NL
    MSV
    Ducati Days

I avoid FE like the plague, I'm more likely to go on a diet than an FE day.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I did my first and only (so far) Focused Events day in October last year and it was good value and very well run. O do know on various FB sites they have an awful rep but where great on the day I did.

Generally it's MSV or NL in UK. There are a few others like FE and "Loose Cannon" and the Jamie Whitham training days but these are less frequent.

Silverstone seem to be mainly running their own these days.

Personally I prefer MSV to NL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information