1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Back Protector?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by chizel, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Hello peoples
    Having just bought a 1 piece suit I am now thinking about back protectors. .
    Should have thought about em earlier as I could have tried some on in the shop!
    Anyhu what do you good folks recommend?
    The dainese manis seems to get good reviews. Don't know if the strap on one (haha) would be to bualky to fit under the suit as it is quite tight...
    Any thoughts or recommendations ?

2. Bought a forcefield jacket insert that’s pattern matched for Dainese after severa recommendations on here - haven’t tested it yet thankfully but feels solid and is v comfy once warmed up. Brought hip armour same brand based on quality. Would recommend, and bound to be some offers around with all the sales starting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’ve had Knox in the past but now I have two Forcefield back protecters. One I use for biking and the other I use for snowboarding :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Would you know the product code or model by chance?

5. Slight sidewards thought here but have you taken a look at the air jackets that go over leathers?
    Saw them at the bike show and they looked interesting.
    Protect your collar bone and neck as well I believe.

6. I've got a good old Oxford one. Bit bulky but it works.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have a dainese one that matchs/fits into the dainese leathers and is fiXed in place at the neck end with a pop button Thingy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You might get a better price on Ebay. Mine were both brand new when I bought them on Ebay and I think I saved about £30 on each.

9. Hi @chizel as you haven't mentioned which suit you have, my advice is two part. If your suit is race oriented it should have a "pocket" in the rear for something compact like the Dainese Wave D1 G2 ( or equivalent Alpinestars etc) to fit into. When I raced that was my standard setup. One piece suits for this purpose , if you have bought it for trackdays should be as snug as possible to offer maximum protection. strapping anything on under the suit would compromise what it can offer.

If it's for road, I use a Dainese protector (few years old now) similar to the Dainese D1 G55 under my Dainese touring leathers and also Axo Leather Jacket/ DriRider Alpine only if I know I'm going to go stupid out in the hills, otherwise I can't be arsed wearing them for normal riding. This design gives you latitudinal and longitudinal flex, unlike one piece protectors, which if you like to really throw the bike into corners you don't need something like a plank of wood strapped to you which is uncomfortable because it doesn't move with you.

Although you can never be certain about causation, I have had a major off (bloody conky nuts - they drop from native trees here and are about the size of a small tomato, hard as hell) - fractured pelvis/knee/concussion and sore back but no damage. That was with the touring suit/large protector on. The other advantage of the that design of protector is that it extends to the end of your spine and pivots there which, again, you need for quick changes of direction. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ordered from Sportsbikeshop....

Their product code FF1043-007

Product name: Pro Lite K back insert - 007.

If you are looking at airbags or similar I got an email this week to say Ixon have brought a universal under jacket one...I might look in the new year but not yet. £390 plus monthly sub.

https://www.mcaleicester.co.uk/clothing/air-bag-systems/ion-airbag/ixon-airbag-u03

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I got the dainese Assen 1 piece for track days...

12. I like the idea of that air bag vest.
    Like You, I will think about getting one in the new year...
    For now I have ordered the back insert you mentioned. 50% off at sportsbikeshop!
    Thanks for the info dude

• Like Like x 3
  13. So if the Assen is the new suit you are referring to, as you know it doesn't have a bloody pocket. Yet for some reason Dainese do have a pocket for their Wave back protector in the Assen jacket. So yeah you have no choice but to strap something on underneath instead of having integrated protection. I wouldn't go on track without a back protector - I have no idea what Dainese were thinking.

14. Doh!!! I just assumed it had a pocket!!! Just had a look and you are correct..
    Ah well hopefully it will fit in my alpinestars jacket... back to a strap on...

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Looks like I will have to take suit into a shop and try on some to see what will fit under it... it's snug....

16. I have one you can have, just pay the postage, no use to me as it was given to me by a mate wjo has moved back to poland. Knox agis 15455703889443713538379320859855.jpg

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information