1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Helmet For A Multistrada?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Oly, Nov 2, 2018.

1. with the new 1260 due to be collected next week, my bmw system 6 helmet will let the side down.
    so which helmets do people use on their multis?
    i quite fancy a tour x4, but do these cause buffeting due to the peak. another is the schuberth e1.
    very expensive though

2. Short screen and the Tour X 4 worked fine for me...

Other good alternative is Shoei GT Air... but I actually find it noisier than the tour X on the Multi... but the scrambler the GT air is MUCH better...

The Schuberth did not fit me - too big or too small... also some say the peak colapses at speed down onto the helmet... no experience on road... as i could not get an acceptable fit...

3. thanks for that, the schuberth is alot of money too at 500 plus

4. Tour X is also list at that for Ducati one... If you push dealer you should get it for £425 to £430...

5. I use a GT Air, was perfect on my MV Turismo Volece. Screen noise, to a greater or lesser extent, is something of a given on the Multistrada. Found, after trying a few, that the standard screen with Jamie's spacers were the best option, YMMV.

6. I have a Arai QV-Pro. It’s a sports touring helmet. Great vision as the visor gives a wide field of vision and never had it most up from the pinlock. They must be getting ready for next years colours as on Sportsbike Shop some are reduced from £560 to £380

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I wear a Shoei X Spirit 3, it’s quite simply the best helmet I’ve ever worn.

I say that after 30 years of Arai.

Light, comfortable and quiet (if you use earplugs) you can pick up a bargain if you are not too fussed on colour.

8. I’d say anything without a peak fitted

9. Thread moved and title changed to suit

10. Something made of carbon fibre. Nothing beats a light helmet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have a Tour-X and various Arais over the years, and the Tour-X is definitely the worst of the lot!

It's really noisy and suffers from wind blast due to the peak and chin shape. But it does look good and I still wear it (with ear plugs!) when riding the Hypermotard or a Multi.

I like it because it's easy to ride with the visor up and sunglasses on so you get the full cooling effect of the wind in your face when it's really hot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I've had a few Adv lids over the years and my observations are as follows

Shoei Hornet...good fit, mists up a tad easy and doesnt last
    BMW lid, doesnt fit as well and noisy, visor mech is suspect
    Arai Tour X, nice fit and very comfortable, bloody noisy and very draughty and cold around your face in winter
    Schuberth E1, good fit (for me), very quiet, no draughts to speak of, doesnt seem to mist and the drop down inner visor is a God send.
    the only lid I've had "Peak Problems" with was the BMW one as that vibrated like crazy at speed
    I've not had any issues with the Schuberth Peak either vibrating, folding or causing any issues on either a GS Adv, or the Multi with either of my screens fitted

13. Unless you want to look like dog dick Ewan Mcgregor getting all geared up to go down the local pub for an eggs and bakey, then any normal lid will do. Adventure/peaked, tend to increase noise and buffetting once you start"proceeding in a vigerous manner"

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Schuberth C3 Pro

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Schuberth C3 Pro.
    If you’ve got the cash to buy a new 1260 multi What’s 500 nicker on a life saving top lid?
    Go do it, you know it makes sense.

16. Shoei Neotec, brilliant helmet.

17. Simpson Bandit......

18. What will you do if you change bikes in future?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information