1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Which Sat Nav With Ducati Mount

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Oly, Oct 31, 2018.

1. read allsorts on this but its getting confusing,.
    which sat navs fit with the ducati mount on the 1260
    is it all garmins, and no tom toms or are there specific models of garmin ie 390 that only fit

2. #2 Bumpkin, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. yes, i was told about him, how do i get in contact, i have a tom tom 550 from my previous bike and would be reluctant to have to change just for a mount.

4. think ive found him, and sent him a message

5. I fitted a Tom Tom Rider 400 to my Multistrada 1200 DVTDucati mount, it needs to have the holes drilled to to match the plastic holder and the steel mount. However it was reasonably simple drilling, fitting the screws was a bit of a pain but worth it to avoid needing a new Sat Nav.

IMG_4727.JPG IMG_6862.JPG IMG_6066.JPG IMG_2749.JPG

6. Sorry, have been away from PC and phone all day. Yes, looks like you've found him. Might be more effective to send him a PM is you haven't already.

7. I don't know how different the Duc mount is from the Navihalter, but I just swapped a 390 to a 590 without a problem on the Navi. What I can confirm is that the 396 will not fit the Navi as Garmin have rotated the mount 90 degrees and the plate now blocks the power cable.

8. The Ducati mount has only the mountings screw positions for the 3xx series cradles, that's all it fits which is a bit dumb IMHO. It's a plastic moulded part (see last image above from @Ducati_Pete), not a flat plate like the Navihalter or Desmo Dave's adapter plate. To fit the adapter plate to the Ducati mount the arms need bending out a little which isn't ideal although I managed to do this without mangling them too much... Jamie's mount looks like the one to go for now that the Navihalter is no longer in production, not sure how well that works with 3xx Zumos though. I believe that the Ducati ones were also made by the same one man band that was Navihalter. Now the owner is incapacitated they may find someone else to make them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FYI the Nav Mount that I have designed can mount any TomTom or garmin and I also have a Solution to mount a phone in a neat way.
    Price £69.99

DBDC2984-FC4C-4F31-9031-41D1E6644EA9.jpeg

9A335BF9-7CE7-4B7A-81B7-F63C8A752858.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’m busy making mounts to fill this gap chaps.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You've been approached by Ducati, or you've courted them, to make mounts for them to brand and sell? Thought this would be a possibility and a good move if the price is right. If that's the case we'll done :upyeah:

12. No it’s completely off my own back but I will if I can get in contact with anyone.

13. I might be wrong but I thought the guy behind Navihalter was supplying the Ducati mounts. Or maybe they copied his design... Though possibly he has a patent? With him sidelined due to an RTA it seems more than coincidental that it's difficult to find the Ducati mounts anymore.

14. I have plenty in stock.

4BB3C274-62B3-4916-B7D8-CB39BD6DC589.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information