1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Supermoto Upto £3000?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dukeofwindsor, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Im in the mood for a good value Supermoto - entry level is what I am after.And ideas/suggestions for a reliable example upto about £3000? I'm 6ft 4" so it needs to fit my lanky frame but the only "must have" is electric start.KTM is obviously entry level at £3k,what about Yamaha? Thanks if you can advise an old fart who is in his 45th year of motorcycling

2. Suzuki DRZ400 SM would be a good choice. It's tall which would suit and bullet proof. Loads of parts around for them if you fancy tarting it up. I just bought a 2005 S model for under 3,000 with low milage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. That is very interesting! That's what a mate put forward- but he is a Suzuki nut

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Electric start?

5. Thread moved

6. Yes drz has electric start. Loads of tuning mods for um too.

7. I had a KTM 640, great bit of kit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. KTM would be my 1st choice but it's limited at £3k? The early ones didn't have electric start and it's a must with my dodgy left foot n leg

9. You can buy the big bore kit which I think takes it out to approx 450cc and a FCR flat side carb conversion etc and these mods really up the horses if you want more performance. That said the 400 cc lump is engaging in standard state. They are a bit limited top end needing a 6th gear ideally (its a 5 speed box), however, cheap front / rear sprocket options can improve this. www.thumpertalk.com is a good forum to read up on the DRZ.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mine was a 2003 640 with leccy start. It also had full full Akra. Properly loud with plenty of cracking and banging going on.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Used a Yamaha XT660SM for a few months in 2015, was a whole lot of fun and motor appeared bomb proof :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. CCM are good entry level bikes- the Suzuki engined 644 is reliable and responds ok to a free flowing pipe and a re-jet . Comes with WP suspension and brembo brakes as standard , just a tad lardy
    There's also a 710 big bore conversion available also , which makes it a whole better bike

May have one available - pm if you're interested

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. CCM R30

• Like Like x 1
  14. Down side with most KTM's is a lack of an ignition key so you'd need to hide some kind of 'cut off switch', I think the DRZ comes with a key.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I had this 640 for around 6 months, Had a few mod's(fcr flat slid carb, akra's etc) Great fun around town but I only ventured into the open roads a couple times and totally hated it, Not for doing many miles on, Ide never have another one but if its your thing you wont go far wrong with one of these,

029.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. i found my hypermotard real hard work, so much i sold it for a zx10r.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information