1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Tyre Warmers These Days??

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Mary Hinge, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Looking to get another set. Up to now I've nearly always used Capit which to be fair have usually served me well.
    Which ones are the bad boys of tyre warmers these days? It's years since I've looked. Anything out there better quality and value for money than Capit's??

Cheers, Paul.

2. Still Capit but Capit make the Crescent own label tyre warmers. Slightly lesser spec, still a great warmer but without the Capit price ticket, about £150. Crescent send by post. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I stills use a couple of old sets but they struggled with 200 tyre size really

4. I like the chicken Hawk pro warmers, works with the rear tyre size.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I've just upgraded to a set of the Diamond adjustable digital warmers. Good quality I am very happy with them after a couple of uses.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Hear lots of good stuff about them and know loads who use them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheers fellas. Just had a look at the Diamond digital jobs and pulled the trigger. They look good and reasonably priced. I'll see how they compare to my Capits.
    I did Almeria last December and it was fekin freezing in the mornings (2/3 degC) If there was a bit of wind coming through it left my tyre stone cold in that particular area despite having the warmer (Capit) on. I was having to shove my jeans and hoodie over the tyre warmer to maintain heat....

8. I've had the same twice this year at Donington. I adjusted the front warmer up by 5 deg to compensate and put my fleece over the front tyre.

9. I've used Capit Suprema (I think that's the model name) for the last couple of seasons, and whilst they get the tyre generally up to the right temperature, they don't cover the sides of the rim very well, so if you've got a colder breeze coming through the garage, it lets the cold air in.
    Plus, as good as they are, the skinny velcro strap is way to skinny for the job and does my head in.
    Last week, I managed to cut the wire on my capits, so I've replaced them with a set of Thermal Technologies Superbike race warmers. They're not cheap, but the quality is amazing, and they have settings for 50/90/110 deg, so I can use them for my wets or run the tyres up to 110 for endurance race starts where the tyre has a long time off the warmer before the race actually starts, so they're good to go from turn 1
    http://www.thermaltechrace.com/en/products/race/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. They certainly look the biz. Go on then, give us a laugh- how much? I've just bought a set of Diamond digital warmers. If they do what it says on the tin, I'll be happy. Used Capit for years but noticed the quality was dropping against cost. It's good to try different stuff.

11. I was really fortunate to get them quite cheap (Relatively), but they retail around £400

12. To revive a really old thread. what’s the consensus now on tyre warmers?
    Especially for these massive 200/60’s

13. Stay away from the cheap shite. I've tried cheap(er) tyre warmers and discovered, like most things in life, they're cheap because they're shite. I'm a Capit guy myself, they're good quality and I've never had one fail on me. I've also used BikeTech (shite) and Diamond (good but had failures).

14. We ran a heat gun across most manufactures at Cadwell on a freezing day.

Diamond where one of the only ones that where actually at the temperature stated/they where supposed to be.
    I think the capits where a close second.

Some brands where 20degrees off ! :astonished:

15. Bearing in mind this was 3 years ago, Moto Rapido racing pointed me at Thermal Technology who were the only manufacturer at the time that were offering a rear tyre warmer to the track day rider, that fitted the V4 200/60/17 comfortably. 3 years on, I’m still very happy with them. Andy

16. I saw those at Donington. I must admit, they looked cooler than mine. And we can't be having that now, can we? Have you got any pictures, Andy :D

Saw a black lad with Gold Capit tyre warmers :D They looked great and he carried it off as he was probably in his 20's. I did like them but I'd have looked a stupid(er) auld cvnt :laughing:

17. I took a look at Thermal Tech and they looked great after speaking to motorapido.
    However - i already have 3 sets of capit that works all the way from 899 to V4s and even the Dunlop KR. If i were to get another set - it would either be Capit or Themal Tech. They both have higher versions where they cover the side of the tyrewall.

18. I've just bought some Biketec ones having been using a used set I borrowed off a mate. In my Defence I'm really only just getting into regularly using them on trackdays so CapIT for me were a little out of range. Happy to let you know how they work out over time but judging by the comments above, seems like they would have been worth it!

19. The actual construction of them is ok. But they have crap, seemingly low powered elements in them. They don't seem to heat up the tyre much which kinda makes them poor...

20. Heat gun you say…..

B0B582E3-3990-4CB6-B979-66A1712EE77B.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information