1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Version Is Selling More, Please?

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by richgilb, Sep 18, 2018.

1. I ask because I don't want to be stocking huggers in matt and gloss for 2 versions..ie 4 huggers for one model!

I'm hoping it will be like 90% S or vice versa, then I will just stock for that version.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1

2. Well this S (red) owners is looking for a hugger.

3. And this s(red) owner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. What difference does the base model versus the S have on the hugger? Is the shock absorber in a different place?

5. The S model has an Öhlins rear shock and the rear hugger has a cutaway to clear the reservoir. I have the base model which hasn't. But whether an S or the base model the OEM hugger is far too short and shit gets thrown all over the back of the bike and rider. The front mudguard is also next to useless for the same reason. Puig and Pyramid do extenders for the hugger but apparently they aren't wide enough to make much of a difference.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Thanks - I thought it would be the shock.

Agree with you there :(

7. You ride in the rain :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Living in Scotland, if I'm going to ride at all I've not much option :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Fair point :joy:

10. Remember all white ones are S models and the white is satin finished and so may affect whether an owner wants a gloss or matt hugger on his satin finished bike.
    Where as red bikes can be S with Ohlins or standard but all are gloss. According to figures on another site, white is the most popular colour. So more S models than standard.

So to meet all requirements you need three huggers. S ones in gloss and matt and standard only in gloss. But youre always going to get the odd owner with a standard red bike who want a matt hugger.
    Like Derek said the factory fitted hugger and front mudguard are total pants. Owners are looking for a working alternative, slightly longer NFG.

11. @Derek is spot on about the front and rear euphemistically-named "mudguards"
    The front one is so abbreviated at the back that you automatically need to shell out for an extender-Ducati should just add on £60 and supply one!
    The rear one, having done 250 miles in a total downpour, is far too short. The options available don't offer much more protection, so you'd not get a customer unless you source a much longer and wider one than I've seen so far.

12. Ian, there is no available extender for the front mudguard and, as you point out, the ones that are available for the rear are too short and too narrow. Over the winter I'm hoping to adapt something, at least for the front. The back might prove a bit trickier.

13. Ah! Got me there, Derek. My geriatric brain confused the extender for the preceding GS with the current SS! 2 years, 4 bikes. Thank goodness they all gave the controls in the same place.

14. This 1920's Indian that I spotted at the weekend would have you flumoxed then Ian.
    [​IMG]
    Right hand pedal for the rear brake with front brake operated by the right handlebar lever but hand gear change on the right, foot operated clutch on the left, right twistgrip is for ignition advance and left twistgrip is the throttle!

15. Bejasus!
    Can I imagine what I'd hit in an emergency response!
    Took me a while to re-wire brain moving from '60s right-hand-side gearchange.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information