1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whiskey As An Investment.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by idrinkbeer, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Iv just read an article where a father bought his son a bottle of whiskey from his birth and each birthday until eighteen, he spent approk £5k , the son is now selling the bottles towards a house deposit and worth £40k.
    What other whiskey you can buy now could make a good investment?
    And could you leave it alone?

#1 idrinkbeer, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  2. I could leave it alone whiskey is shit.. unless I'm on a bender and I've run out of good stuff...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. a 50 yea old glenfiddich malt. £25k.
    upload_2020-9-6_22-40-12.png

4. 49 year old me...priceless... 20200906_225923.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. yep. 49... hard to believe ain't it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. ( I don't need those glasses btw)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. sorry. I got mixed up with plenty more fish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thread closed?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Heathen

10. Could be if we have any more sexually suggestive posts of you ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. No, no, those pics saved my life.. I'd potentially O/D on co-codamol when I saw those pics and immediately bought the lot up, so thank you.. Mind you..... the keyboard is fubared.

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Back on track, I worked with a bloke who bought and sold whisky - more for enjoyment - but he did quite well, he did seem to know which ones were worth buying though, so like most things a bit of knowledge is required. I got lucky buying a bottle at the airport about 25 years ago - but it was pure luck that I bought it and (more importantly) didn't drink it :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I always buy a bottle of whiskey at the airport and usually drink half of it before getting on the plane to settle my nerves. Then I used to drink the other half just before landing. I always struggled with being an airline pilot but had the motto “A good landing is one we all walk away from”

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. Did you work for 'Dan-Dare' previously :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Oh happy nostalgia :cool::)

upload_2020-9-7_7-53-38.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yep. That’s why Boeing had record sales back in 1985-86 replacing 727’s after I could never decide which of the two runways to land on. :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I have 'memories; of flying in Dan-Air HS 748's to and from Shetland, they weren't often' fond' :bucktooth::D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information