1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White 848 Evo

Discussion in 'Ducati Spotted' started by Faith, Jul 18, 2018.

1. On my way home from trapshooting tonight. Nice cool evening, 69 degrees F. sport bikes came out of the woodwork! Saw a red Duc earlier then this...
    IMG_20180717_2036553.jpg
    The guy with the short sleeves was riding wheelies at 65-70mph. Sorry, couldn't get a better pic from the drivers side of my car.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nice smilie face :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thatll be a kevlar t-shirt then....(nice old gen 1 z1ooo) though....

4. Yeah, disappointing he's not "dressed for the slide" on a sport bike . Dressing the part looks so much better too and sends the message that you understand and respect the risks. No helmet and sleeves is more typical and common of Harley/touring bike riders around here. Different mindset, big mistake in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah - the amount of video's coming out of the states on YT - show people doing some furious speeds on tricked up Hyabusa's etc etc with t shirts and shorts on - usually in straight line races with boosted cars etc etc...it does make me cringe.....

I can kinda in a way understand it on a Harley for example as your bumbling along at 50 or so and the event of a slide would be quite low but, its for all the other things you cant allow for....

6. ...agreed. Weekly, Harley riders have died because of cars turning in front of them. Several years ago I witnessed a guy launched off of his Gold Wing, literally right out of his shoes, when a car turned in front of him. He was going under 40mph never saw it coming with no time to stop and no escape route. No helmet. I sat with him on the ground to keep him still and watched the blood coming out of his mouth. He died later. The image serves as a constant reminder for me. Don't take a chance. Brain buckets required.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information