1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Do We Fancy For The Tt?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bikermike, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Hutchy's looking strong, I think Ivan Lintin has the lightweight sewn up
    Anstey's there or there abouts

any on-the-spot peeps able to give any good news/gossip/scandal?
    Mike

2. I read that Anstey was holding back on the last part of his fast laps and possibly holding onto his cards a bit. Taking that Honda around the Island is pretty awesome, would love to do that.

3. pffffff

I hard one.
    So much of it also falls upon machinery , with any little problem means a DNF.
    McG , Hutchy, Anstey, Dunlop , all can win the big races on the day.

I'm going to say Hutchy for the first big race as he seems to be bang on straight away. Its a big call for the RCV to win the first big race. The senior .........well don't put it past the bike or rider. Very few people know how to build a TT bike as well as Padgetts.
    I'm going for Dunlop for the Senior

As for the 600's you can easily factor in another 3 or 4 riders, Gary Johnson straight away . In fact the same for the superstock class

4. indeed
    I can see Hutchy winning a lot this year, he was on it last year and that was his first proper return. Michael D having early mechanical problems, I wonder if they'll slow him down.

Be interesting if Bruce was holding a bit back. As you say Padgetts know a lot about set up. His first lap was his first ride on it... All I'm wondering is they went 122 to 127 and stuck there - they've clearly done the "easy" bits, but need to do all the little niggling bits for the extra bit.

If it stays warm I'm thinking it will be the big guns getting it set up (and some sub-17min laps on the cards) - a bit of rain and who knows.

I'm going to say Hutchy for one of the superbikes and a superstock, Anstey for a superstock, McG for the other big bike and scratch my head for the supersports.

5. Hutchy's going to dominate.

6. I'll be happy if he does TBH.
    I love the guy. One of the most unassuming blokes you'd could ever meet , then you put him on a bike and BANG ! And as for his return to form after all those operations.........
    As much as I admire M Dunlop I just feel he just a little too much , will push that bit too hard , will go for a gap that maybe isn't there on a road race.
    McG and Anstey both will admit to saying that if it's not there on the day then so be it and a lower finish is what they will do .

As much as I love the TT it's starting to frighten me. All the top lads are posting +130 laps and they are all just pushing on so hard just to be top 5 , even top 10 . Yes it's always been scary but never before has so many riders been so fast .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hutchy’s back to his best now, he looked on it at the NW200 and at Brands Indy the other day and lets be honest he's not even a track rider really. Can only see M Dunlop getting anywhere near him and call me an old killjoy but I hope Anstey doesn’t win on his special bike. :)

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. Yeah, they are getting quick. (Mind you, they probably said that about Wal Handley back in the day...).

I was (until rudely interrupted by work), having a quick look at the fastest laps from last night's superbike. In the top ten, it's
    Steve Mercer 1 lap
    Bruce Anstey 2 laps
    Dean Harrison 1 lap
    Ian Hutchison 3 laps (incl fastest)
    Connor Cummins 1 lap
    Peter Hickman 1 lap (3rd fastest)
    John McGuinness 1 lap (2nd fastest)

that's some pretty ominous consistency by Hutchy.

9. Killjoy. :)

I know what you mean , but, I like Anstey and you could also argue that if people bring special bikes to the TT and win it would encourage them to bring more.

If a semi showroom BMW or Kawasaki wins Honda or A N Other wont fancy doing it again.

Honda are almost on a no win situation. Yes they are getting lots of coverage but that would soon look a bit iffy if it breaks down / comes 4th . £160 k bike cant beat £40k bike , your crap Honda.

Now, RCV wins , gets worldwide coverage of how great it is and happy days. Ducati are browsing through the papers one evening and they think how good a full on Desmo would look and sound.

Fancy that ?

10. If they bought a desmo over who do you think they would give it to?

11. Michael Rutter would be a nice choice. and not an unreasonable one.
    It's got to be someone who is
    good enough to get a decent result
    not tied to one of the big teams
    insufficiently close to the front to have a good chance of winning
    mechanically sympathetic
    If he could just change his name to Andrea, he'd fit in this year's naming policy too ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. ha ha , I hovered over that question.
    With no real Ducati roads rider that's the hardest part. Anstey / McG is easy for Honda so who ?

It's simple.

Now Ducati want to put a Desmo at the TT , so who runs a Ducati squad ............. Paul Bird. Paul Bird last year gave a ride to one of his best ( this week ) mates a certain Mr Hutchy who also happens to be top dog at the TT.

So there you go. In one thread we can start a rumour of a full works Ducati at next years TT ridden by Hutchy on a Paul Bird team

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's about the one thing Ant West hasn't been linked to...
    And there'd be no chance of him getting into trouble with energy drinks on the island (unless Busheys has some very unusual ingredients...)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tough one.

You'd be brave to bet against Michael Dunlop or McGuinness. It'll depend entirely on what Dunlop has underneath him because I think when things are right he's got the potential to be pretty unbeatable.

With John I don't even think that John knows how hard he is able to push. Depends on where his head is, because if he's on it, he's a machine as we know.

Anstey is a legend and I'd love to see him up there, all depends what side of the bed he gets out of really...

Not sure about Hutchy, in my personal opinion he didn't have the competition he would have usually had last year with Michael shunting etc. So depends, but I can't wait to see how it goes.

15. Who remembers McG backing it in over the mountain last year. that was something special. I think his biggest problem will probably be that if this year is like last year, the Honda superstocks didn't fare that well. maybe he should have a go in the lightweight... ;)

16. As an aside, I've just booked up next year (30 May – 9 June).

If anyone’s thinking of doing similar I’d get on the steam packet website NOW as it was a nightmare just finding the ferry place for one man and a bike!

17. On the tellybox last night the landlord of the Ginger Hall said it was booked (rooms) for 2018...

18. what a fantastic programme that was, bought back some great memories

19. Indeed. Although nothing in Ramsey (where I spend most of my time).
    One of the lovely things about the TT is the way it's a whole-island thing

20. Yeh id have happily watched it for hours especially if theyd gone towards castletown and the s100 route too!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information