1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Manufactured This Slipper Clutch?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Fohlin, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Do you know what brand this Slipper is?
    Or do you know for sure what it is not? :)

Thanks for helping me out!

B0F18ACB-CB9B-45CD-9F0E-7786C4BE283E.png

5E35AB93-493D-45D0-8155-1AA6D9046C2A.png

4BE19CAA-8279-4059-A5DB-3B488D8E2D2A.png

2. Looks like a race clutch, you lose 2 spring posts for an external starter. Could be Ducati Performance at a guess so bought in from someone like Bucci. Andy

3. Yes, but it has no branding or parts number what so ever (not even on the outside of the pressure plate). Can it be an asian copy of a DP? Wouldn't the quality brands use branding and/or parts numbers on their stuff?

4. If as I suspect, it is a race clutch, it would have a very limited life, probably less than a 1600 km after which it would be recycled in the scrap bin. Not sure if it would have been neccessary to put part numbers and brands on them. I have a new 1098R DP clutch in a box somewhere, I’ll try and dig it out to see what is stamped on it. Andy

5. That would be very kind of you!
    Thanks!

6. Here is a closer look. I hesitate a bit. Doesn't it look like "low quality" finish? (file attached)

Skärmavbild 2019-01-24 kl. 20.47.36.png

7. it'll be alright...

• Like Like x 1
  8. What's the brand name on the central bearing?

9. SKF :) I was thinking the same thing... China = not SKF :)

10. Great minds etc :) The knock offs use cheaper bearings.

11. So we are looking for an american that bought a cheap chinese copy of a slipper clutch fitted his own release bearing in it and then decided not to fir it to his bike.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Hahaha! Yes! We can investigate this all night! Ok, we need a whiteboard or something to hang pictures of suspects on!

• Like Like x 1
  13. You can get fake SKF bearings.....from China.

14. Just to finish up.
    After spending some time with my whiteboard and investigating things (drawing arrows, hanging pictures etc.), I decided to not buy it. My guess its a good basket, and ok (but cheap or refurbished slipper parts - painted badly). I am sure it works but with missing parts in mind I will go for something else.

15. Agreed with the others, race clutch genuine or copy, it's got steel ball ramps and the 4 post with locking pins, but it uses a thrust spring and post springs like the old OEM clutches on 748R etc. Also clearly designed for standard plates, hence the basket and centre hub design

Do Not Sell My Personal Information