1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who To Recommission A Suzuki Rg500 Gamma ?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Android853sp, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Is there someone in the UK who has the knowledge to do what is neccessary to put an RG500 onto the road having been in a collection from new ? Not sure if it was ever PDI'd or been stored wet or dry. Andy

2. Sounds like a fantastic bike, whatever the circumstances. :)

3. Classic Motorcycle Mechanics magazine would be my starting point

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Definitely needs to be ridden though which is something I don't know if it's been done before. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Probably need an engine strip and bearings checked for corrosion. New crank seals plus other seals. Won't be cheap ( but cheaper than a seizure ).
    Must be an owners forum or FB group I would think.

6. This wants for pics!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. You bought it Andy ? Sounds like a hell of a bike :)

8. Lucky you, I'm seriously thinking about an 888 sp3 or an rg500, both around same money, really cant decide on which way to go and don't want to make the mistake and wish ide gone for the opposite one, help ?

jack

9. No, just going through the preliminaries to understand the ownership costs before jumping in. I have been known to buy with my heart but I was earning a good salary then. Being a pensioner now, the figures need to add up and I want something to ride not take up space in my lounge. Andy

10. A zero mile 500 Gamma ?? Gees, what £££ is that at ?? Last zero mile one I saw go was near up at near 25k :eek:

11. IMG_0205.JPG
    Currently on sale at Craig's Honda. Andy

• Like Like x 5
  12. £28k. Andy

13. Flaming hell !! I seen that on Ebay a few times. Big bucks that Andy ?

14. I am lucky to already own and ride a couple of pretty iconic Ducatis and have not ruled out another one but I have an itch that needs to be explored :). Andy

15. How many truly zero miles iconic bikes are you going to find now ? There are a couple of RG500 Gammas on eBay at the moment but this one is a bit special. Golinelli is best known for his frame designs, especially the Aprillia RGV250 so I'm not expecting anything special with the engine just something different to the novel anti dive standard suspension. Andy

16. If that's the case, sadly the one I'm looking at will be a non starter :( but then I have more than one iron in the fire :). Andy

17. Mate, is that not a little rich ? Only IMO, but is a zero mileage RG road going bike not worth more and thus at 28k ??

18. It is worth what someone is prepared to pay. Craig's Honda are a business so will ask what they think the market will stand. If it remains unsold by the time I'm in a position to buy it, clearly they have overpriced it so I will expect to pay less :). Well that's my logic. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. image.jpg Forums are better places to buy. I'd been looking for a 350n for a while and projects were around the 3k mark.
    I bought this for 4.5 the paintwork alone cost 850. It's a new bike.

20. Incidentally I phoned about the SP5 mentioned in the other thread and the girl in the shop said they'd sold it for £32,500 within 24 hours of it going up for sale so yes, things are worth what someone will pay !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information