1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Wants To Buy My 999s

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Mr C, Oct 6, 2014.

1. 2003 999s mono mine since March 2011, stripped and rebuilt with a face lift to 2005 onwards look. Plus replacing any worn out bits along the way. Sadly the main bearings decided to give up the job mid 2012 but luckily I found a replacement 2004 engine from Phil at Storm Exhaust Home it was the engine he used for development of his exhausts and made a healthy 146bhp with one of his full systems. I did have a print out but if I cant find it Id be happy to get the crayons out. Mileage on the clock shows 22k however the engine change at the time was 16k and that engine had dine circa 4k so in effect the engine has done circa 10k. Some may call it triggers broom!
    I let Kais lose on the suspension, they resprung front and rear plus serviced the forks and shock.
    14t front sprocket at 39t rear, R1 quicker action throttle, Termi half system. Billet rearsets, billet clip on, flip up levers.
    Last serviced March this year by Italsport, belts, shims etc. More oil services than Cal Crutchlow podiums! Well that's not hard! But oil done far more regularly than is needed really. Some times needs a kiss and stroke on the head when cold starting. MOT till June or July Cant remember exactly
    I have done about 11k miles on this bike but time for a change. I'm sure there is stuff, both good and bad I have forgotten
    If your looking for an 11 year old garage queen then please look else where, I do tend to spend more time riding that polishing.
    Im kind of open to offers to get the ball rolling

[​IMG]

#1 Mr C, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  2. Would you be interested in an R1?

Old but a real nice looker

53c430dc86f47_1.jpg

3. Im after a sale really.

4. Can we have a picture of the nice looking one? ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Good luck with the sale Mr C

Looks nice

• Like Like x 1
  6. May take a car in PX or swap. Try me

7. might be a daft question but is it road legal, MoT'd etc. or just a track bike?

Thanks

Ray

8. Sorry just read again and saw it has an MoT...just that I cannot see a rear light and indicators

9. Has lights but I took the indicators off years ago.. hateful things, I much rather stick my arm out.

10. What you changing to?

11. Don't know yet Nelson. Maybe a Harley

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Groovy :cool:

13. 999 to a Harley?!...

14. I merely jest. Id rather have Chlamydia that throw my leg over a Harley. I actually don't know what to get yet.
    I cant get to excited about the 1098 shape, on saying that if an 1198s came up at the right money I probably would.
    RSV4 yes, but feel a bit nervous about buying one of those, reliability, parts etc. 899/1199 are outside of my budget. Bikes Id like to try RC8R and Cross plane Crank R1. Im really curious about the R1, I know the KTM has challenging looks from certain angles but I bet they are a riot to ride. I have a had KTM in the past and the build quality it right up there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haha I did wonder there! i was riding with a guy on a cross plane R1 on Sunday. He had an earlier R1 like mine before that and said there was a huge difference between them, the new one being much better.

16. RSV4 or Cross Eyed Wank R1 would be my choices also...:upyeah:

17. dONT OVERLOOK A BASE 1198. caps oops

18. If there is a base 1198 at the right money at the time I would have a look, but they are not top of my list

19. Cracking torque Mr C. ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information