1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Whoops...this Just Ended Up In My Garage!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, May 14, 2018.

1. Not sure how this happened! Keeping my 1299S company, albeit briefly, since this V4S was a demonstrator from the local dealer. Will be a few more months yet until I pick mine up.
    20180510_141623.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. It looks like you are playing 'Ducati Chess' :)

Does the V4 just move diagonally? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. He just needs to add a few more pieces to the board game;)

4. @Exige? Any advice?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Is it just me, or is the Pani, the Cinderella of those 2? :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chess? Stu's playing Hungry Hippos with Ducatis, gobbling them all up before anyone else has a chance. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. As long as he doesn't keep trying to offload his excess parts on me, all will be well.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. He's got a big Ducati sign belonging to me, but won't hand it over. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah, I had a similar experience with Stu. Took ages to resolve and I still ended up out of pocket.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blackmailing comes to mind as it always works;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. They are both Pani's :thinkingface:

12. Cinderella? Perhaps due to the fact that the 1299S has had a lot of extensive mods done to it. The V4 is in line for the same fate. This was my new PDI mileage 1299 a few weeks into the engine up rebuild after I had the frame and swingarm Cerakoted. Electronics were by far the most time consuming to route neatly and efficiently. Tackling the V4 will be similarly challenging but not altogether that difficult. Already have the engine support tool on order, so it'll be in bits within a few days of me taking delivery. I plan to do the work over the Winter months as normal, so the bike will be ready for Spring 2019.

20170131_233203.jpg

20170328_133222.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. some nice modifications there, i must have missed your pictures previously..
    and the RB Race install is well placed, what attachments did you use? anything special?

14. Stop being obtuse :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I agree, Elise, don't be obtuse.

They are both Panis, though. Just sayin'.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I am Acute as well you both know :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Never ran a thread on the build. Not sure if people would want to see another one. I used 'Snaplock' fasteners and stainless nuts and bolts. These allow you to hide the fixtures with a finishing cap that snaps over a special cup washer. in the second picture you can see the cups fitted. On the inside, they have yet to go on. The Ohlins EC module had to be remounted forward of its OEM position and the rubber mounting modified to suit. Original plastic lugs were removed from radiator shroud to allow RB module to sit flush. I also had some special aluminium brackets made up to route the RB wiring module across and behind the radiator to neaten things up. Small pilot holes are for tie wraps.

20170301_115846.jpg

20170301_120131.jpg

20170316_182607.jpg

20170319_162656.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. We always want to see :eyes:

19. It would be a massively picture heavy thread Exige. My OCD in all its worrying glory. If enough people badger me to create a thread on here I will post one up but I ran it on Facebook for both the 1199 and 1299 builds, as well as the Monster 620ie full rebuild, so I'm sure most on here have seen it already.

20. Put it on here thanks (is that enough yet?) :thinkingface: looks very yummy!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information