1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's Using Michelin Power Rs?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by JamOnIt, Apr 18, 2017.

1. So I need some new tyres for my 848 Evo Corse, I'm considering this new tyre but has anyone had any experience with them already? Care to share your thoughts and suggestions?

2. Got a set on order from tyre leader. £225 delivered 120/70 and 180/60. Will let you know what I think.

3. The press reviews claim class leading grip in the dry and Michelin claim that the wet performance is better than the Pilot 3 which was not best in class in the wet. Tyres are ultimately a personal choice which only you can make having tried them. Most modern generation tyres from the major manufacturers are going to be adequate so it's not as if you'll have to live with shit for 1000s of miles before trying something else unless you really hate it. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi James,

Why have you gone for a 180/60 rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I've had these put on about two/three weeks ago.
    Stood up to a Moto Gymkhana session and have a Brands Hatch booked for Monday... will keep you posted.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Standard size on 899. Track guys have been using this size for a while too. The taller profile helps tip in im told.

7. Just got a set fitted at FWR tyres... Great service and good value if you're in or close to London.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Got a set on order for my Diavel. Want to see if the front wears unevenly like the OEM pirellis. I'm hoping for a few extra miles out of them as well, but we'll see.

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  9. How did you and the tyres get on at Brands?

10. Personally, they held up very well, riding in the inters group, I'm not out setting track record times but was getting the pegs down every now and then, tyres always felt solid and have worn nicely on the right hand side (Brands Hatch Indy). I had a lot of confidence in these and there is much more these tyres can provide which is beyond my ability and bike. There was a spattering of rain and I didn't have to worry about changing my riding style or slowing down, but to be honest it was only 3 laps with rain... It felt amazing being able to bang down the gears and get the rear squirming a little!!

Summary: Highly recommend.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Fitting mine tomorrow so will let everyone know what I think of them on the road. Here is a pic of the Rosso Corsa front stepped IMG_0625.JPG

12. [​IMG] I had mine fitted a week ago at FWR. Last Sunday was the first day I had a proper ride on them. Bike felt really good and I can only put this down to the poor state of my diablo front tyre after 3k. If these last 3k and keep their current performance I'll be a very happy.

13. Tyres on. Will scrub in tomorrow if the weathers ok IMG_0620.JPG IMG_0620.JPG IMG_0646.JPG

14. They look good - the shape of the carcass definitely looks less pointy compared to previous Michelins. Could you post a pic of the front tyre head on?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Buy these tryes!

I had them installed when i had my 899 by fwr (my bike is on their website as they was the first one with the RS's on)

10/10 tyre grip is amazing in the dry and wet and think they are better in the rain than PP3.

You need to get use to the lean angle again i found as the wall is highly high on them. But now i have the 1199s and the tryes wear out i will be putting a set of RS's on

• Like Like x 1
  16. Just back in.. roads are too busy being a bank holiday up here. So far I like the tyres. Great feel from the front end. Good bump absorption too. Managed to get almost right over too (someone said on another post that it's hard to get to the edge of the tyre, I'm certainly not a good rider and had no problems). Only covered 20 miles but so far so good. New tyres always feel good so il report back in a few hundred miles. But right now I'm happy and any thought of selling the 899 is gone. IMG_0650.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Also what pressures are others running??

18. I've gone 34fr 38rr... based on it's not as hard as Michelin recommend and not as soft as Ducati recommend for the 848.

19. Michelin POWER RS Tyres | Michelin UK

Pressure tips:
    The new MICHELIN Power RS is a sporty road tyre and, like all its ranges of motorcycle tyres,
    Michelin recommends that you follow your manufacturer's instructions for road use.
    For those of you who would like occasionally to ride on track,
    we recommend a track pressure suitable for this type of use.
    Recommended cold minimum track pressures : Front: 2.1 bar / 31 psi Rear: 1.9 bar / 28 psi

20. What bike are those pressures for? Track pressure is usually road -4psi fr and rr.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information