1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Why New Inlet Cam And Valves?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by RC1, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Bike in question was from copart and a cat n. Looks like a low side on lhs. All damage apparently cosmetic Vendor has had a reputable ducati dealer go through it. Its has a new inlet cam and 2 valves done this year. Bike has 4k miles and 5 keepers. Assuming its roughly 30 percent less than non cat marked bike would you still walk?

2. An engine doesn’t just get a new cam and 2 inlet valves at 4000 miles for no reason. Someone is not declaring the full history. If you have a registration number you can check previous MoTs that should indicate if the mileage is correct (and being a cynic, my immediate instinct is to suspect not). If it were me, I’d walk. Andy

3. Yep done that and the mileage stacks up unfortunately. I reckon its been ragged rotten. Is there any data logged on ecu like rev range data etc that may help?

4. Certainly on the post 2014 bikes but not sure about the 848. Andy

5. Ragging rotten is usually fine if there’s oil in it! I would seriously question the maintenance (or lack thereof) from 5 previous keepers in 4K miles.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information