1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why So Many Owners On Low Mileage Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Snaps, Jan 5, 2020.

1. As above see lots of 1098/1198 advertised with only 3-5k but seem to have 4/5 owners ?
    Same as the 899 2014 on with say 6k and 4/5 owners ?
    I know the 1098/1198 are around 07/09 but lots of owners with super low mileage?
    Would that put you off buying

2. No just means you can put more on it? Be happy with the source of the bike !

3. Nope as long as they have been maintained. Always buy older bikes on condition and history. A low mileage helps as they usually correlate but I wouldn't get hung up on the number of owners.
    • Lots of owners have a few bikes, just see on here for proof of that. I have bikes that don't see the light of day for 2 years until I rotate them back into use for a season.
    • 1098's aren't a commuter bike, more of a weekend toy.
    • I have a '10 plate bike with 3k on it.
    • I have a 1981 bike with 22k on it. (560 miles a year)

• Agree Agree x 2
    Bit greedy :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I know. Unbelieveable, right? :eek: But it happens, trust me. :confused:

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. People buy them with the intent of riding them - but often park them in the garage and look at them...

Either because they have multiple bikes - or because when they ride them they realise its not the correct bike for what they bought if for or maybe life changes or decide riding is not for them..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. And the wimmins get in the way o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. i think alot of people buy ducatis to show off but after a short period realise that its alot of money to have tied up in something you dont use...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2

8. Yep my mate much prefers his Tuono and KTM Duke finds his Panigale too focused

9. And they spend more of the summer in the workshop being fixed than being ridden :p:astonished::innocent:

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. One thousand miles spread over a summer of nine sunny weeks is 100miles per Sunday outing to the bike meet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 9 sunny weeks.....where? Days surely?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. When I bought my monster 796 it was 6 years old and had 5 owners . It had only done just over 3k miles .
    I've had it about 3 years and it's now got nearly 11k miles on it .
    I think dukes are the sort of thing that look/sound nice but some people just don't get on with the way they ride .

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sounds the same as my wife

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nah.......she rides just fine :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I did 8k on my Hyperstrada in 2 years of owning it, it was my default option. I have to be in the mood for sports bikes these days. :thinkingface:

I had a neck problem last year which meant they all but stayed in the garage as the riding position was agrivating the condition. :(

16. She’s like one of them mechanical bulls they have at a pub ha ha

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. But twice as big........obvs;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. and more coins in her....

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Nah she’s classy she takes American Express lol

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information