1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why You Wear Decent Boots

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cake, Mar 16, 2017.

1. So this year i decided to start commuting a bit into London on the nicer days and get more experience (on a cheap and cheerful SV650), well i did learn alot!

T-boned straight in the foot as the point of impact, rearset bent inwards from the car via my foot and many other breakages - bike and not me. I have been left with a limp and pretty big bruising but nothing major and all fixed in the next few weeks hopefully.

This is why we wear protective gear because without it i really think a few broken bones would have been the beginning!

I am so happy with the way my boots held up and protected my foot from serious injury!

IMG_3121.JPG

IMG_3122.JPG

IMG_3120.JPG

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Good gear saves lives

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Exactly!

The boots look like i have just scuffed them from normal use but they was between a rearset, swingarm and frame on one side and a Prius (how embarrising) on the other who's front bumper is wrecked and side wing bent from the impact.

4. A big thanks for this thread. I had gone down the road of slightly softer boots after my Alpinestars went. Somewhere in my mind I looked at these boots as a pose. Time to re-asses.

5. When I got hit my Boots saved my toes. The boot was sliced like a sales model showing a cross section of the protection!
    Literally millimeters from my toes, I have much faith in Sidi's after that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. I had exactly the same, T-Boned by a gentleman right in the boot. Didn't feel a thing due to good boots (but ended up on the deck).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I've always worn boots with good heel protection as I broke mine in a car accident in the past and takes years to heel. I have same boots as you now but best boots I've ever tried for ankle protection are the puma v1000 iirc. But mine wore out and they only make white now.
    My bro had a bike accident in the puma boots and even ambulance staff couldn't cut them off which they said was a first. I believe dainese make them for puma.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. I'd like to buy the same one. return man 3 Cuz it is really nice.

#8 Hidexas5, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  9. About 7 years ago, THE one and only time i wasn't wearing my daytona boots ( short journey in steel toe cap boots) a lad in his mums old seat cordoba pulled out from a junction and straight into side of me. I went over front of the car but left leg took impact. Glass from headlight cut through tendons in curve from foot to leg. ( a newer car would prob have had plastic lens)..... Lesson learnt! Written off speed triple :-(

10. In an article I read about boot safety once, one of the major things it mentioned to improve crush protection was to have the sole of the boot wider than the upper, similar to a moto x type boot.
    Race rep boots always seemed to me to be a bit, form over function but glad you got away with it @Cake :upyeah:

#10 broke, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information