1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wifi Cameras

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Monsterped, Nov 23, 2019.

1. morning all

Any recommendations for WiFi cameras for home use? Plenty of cheapish models on eBay etc, anyone got any advise or suggestions? Not looking to spend the earth

TIA

Ped

2. I was bought a Ring device when I got home. It was about £200 I think. It's a door bell that has a camera so you can see and talk to whoever is at the door. It uses your wifi but talks to a remote server somewhere. It means that your mobile phone can see (and talk to) whoever is at the door, or wherever you point the device to. It gets some crappy reviews on Amazon but is flipping good. If you subscribe (which I haven't but will do) it saves the videos on its server for some time. It is triggered by movement and not when somebody presses the bell. That means you can use them to keep an eye on your property wherever you are in the world and have the video saved. Amazon and Screwfix sell them.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Blink is another (cheap) option. Scaleable, you just add cameras to your existing sender unit(s). Audio included. Only works with smartphone (or if you have an Android emulator on your PC - I don't). Blink doesn't allow you to send audio to the camera like Ring apparently does.

I have one camera and sender at my work, and another sender plus two cameras, for my home. I can monitor both locations on the one account/smartphone.

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. Both systems allow the service provider ready access to what goes on in your home, which is a welcome bonus!

So remember, if you are a drug-dealer ... find some other security system.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Damn and blast

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tip for if you are a drug dealer is to just peg a photo of the room over the camera like they did in the A team

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Rated "Useful" as there isn't a *Laughing my ass off* icon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. So if I just print this one out and hang it in front I'm golden?

Happy days, cheers bud, top tip:upyeah:

3636EF0C-0CC4-4155-9E18-66D6079772E6.jpeg :zzz:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. They left it a bit late to grow christmas trees

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Lol ha ha ha ha ha ha that’s the pleasure room 50 shades of green

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I want to recommend this product at Amazon.com
    Netvue 1080P Outdoor Security Camera, Home WIFI IP Camera Smart Surveillance Camera with Motion/Human Detection, IP66 Weatherproof, 30ft Night Vision, Support Alexa and 2-way Audio, Cloud Storage
    by NETVUE EU
    [​IMG]
    Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D72T39X/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_nCt2DbMHY4NXQ
    I think today is a £25 Black Friday deal, we've a dozen of these around and they work really well on wifi and even better on wired.
    Gave us full view of the house when in the USA.... brilliant kit for the money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  12. Says there that the batteries last for 2 years? That can't be right surely

13. I think it largely depends on how popular you are, whether cats come and shit in your garden on a regular basis or if some little pikeys keep trying the garage :thinkingface:

I reckon on that alone I'd get a week at best :rolleyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Unknown. The cameras are supplied with lithium AA batteries but I bought 5m USB cables and USB power adapters so that the cameras aren't reliant on batteries.

As Damo said, the lifespan of the batteries will depend on usage - people are in and out of my work premises all the time but my Home system thankfully has little to do. So far.

15. I've got Hive cameras currently £90 quid a pop till the 31st of january

16. Yeah, that's exactly what I meant :upyeah:

17. I have a fully wired and not too cheap CCTV system so was rather surprised to come across this little gem.

I recommend this YI camera.

High quality images, Motion sensors and see in the dark, plug n play Wi-fi and you access the images on an app on your phone. Also record to an SD card

when I showed the camera and images to a pal, he bought one and the so did three others.

So it a blooming easy to use hi quality Wi-fi camera and the price,....... a gobsmacking £27 on Amazon
    Lights on and lights off (pitch black, just the street light creeping around the door edge) pics of an untidy she’d taken as a screen shot off my phone.
    55A01DBB-638A-4834-9668-52F6D46F8D1C.jpeg

972BD642-92B8-4429-8C75-A81501AEF86A.png

#18 Oldrat, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Make that 4 :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Outside ones? I use the indoor hive cameras.
    I’m also looking at outside cameras but don’t know what to go for

Do Not Sell My Personal Information