1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will A Multistrada Ds Engine Fit In A 600 Monster Frame?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by buzzer, Aug 5, 2018.

1. As above, would it fit easily from a mounting point of view?

I have a 600 Monster and also a 2004 Multistrada DS engine sitting under the bench... I was thinking of using the DS engine in the monster and using some carbs...

2. Entirely different frame and swingarm iirc. Like all things can be done but suspect lots of work.

Better to find a 900 engine or something and drop that in

3. Not sure, on a 620 I think it may but a 600 has a different swingarm and I know a few who have dropped the engine from an SSIE into a 600 SS but cant think of anyone who dropped a multi 620 into a monster. At very least the shock and ride height positions are different so would think how it firs the motor may be. M600 has the hoop where a multi will have either a ride height or shock as as ride height adjuster. May be juts a few shims could solve it or a swingarm

4. Thanks guys. I should have been more specific... its a 1997 monster. I have bought it as a winter project, not quite sure what i will bo with it yet if its hard to transplant the 1000 motor in it. Maybe do a straight restoration or a scrammbler style bike. Not planning to start the build until the end of September so plenty of time to decide!

5. Ar 1000 multi engine? Sssa for starters so even more different lol

6. Should fit. You might need to open up the frame engine mount holes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information