1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Will All Ohlins Shocks From 1098/1198 Fit An 848?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by dazzabb, Jul 31, 2018.

1. As per title, will a rear AM Ohlin's shock from any model year 1098 / 1198 fit my 2008 848?

Or are there only certain model years that will fit?

I've seen a couple on ebay with the correct spring rate for me, but I want to be certain.

Thanks

2. Yes, should fit. I got an ohlins ttx off a 1098 and went straight into my 848. You should fit the adjustable ride height rod off one of those models or an aftermarket one at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the replies, it seems it will indeed fit, I have the 1098 adj ride height rod already, but the shock is poor to say the least. Mind you at least I'd done some research and knew it would be before I bought it.

You guys that have replaced the rear shock, have you also modded the forks? I used Maxtons on my RC30 -admittedly a lifetime ago - but they still seem to have a decent rep for the forks?

4. Absolutely no idea that I had hit one of the emoji buttons. Have undone it. Andy

5. 1 hour 40 minutes late to see one of his team, surgery may or may not resolve the issue but long term pain management with medication is the alternative. Upshot, surgery in late October (because I have track days organised until then) then 6 weeks recovery. Hopefully back on a bike in January. Oh yes, £3.50 for the car park. Andy

6. Pretty sure I sold someone on here a 1098 ohlins Ttx which was going on a 848.
    Remember speaking to ohlins and all was ok. Can’t remember if the shock length needed adjusting but the Ttx has adjusters and the ohlins specs give all the info required plus they are really good at support.
    Summary - you’ll be fine but check shock length when it arrives especially as some of the 1098/1198 guys run the flat link which requires the shock length being shorter(?) than even the stock 1098/1198 length

7. Just in time for when the V4 will be delivered. Maybe.

8. Looks that way. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information