1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Will My Bike Pass Atrack Noise Limit Of 105db?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by firecat0_0, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Hi,
    I am lucky enough to own a 2017 multi, it is fitted with a full termi and up map. I am thinking of doing some training at tracks next year and have noted organisers have a 105db noise limited. Does anyone know/have experience of noise testing with my bike/exhaust and whether my bike will pass either with or without the baffle?
    Thanks

2. I should have said these are training days not track days.

3. Should be fine baffle in. My '12 with a Leo Vince decat set up with baffle passed Castle Combe and if you can pass there, 105db will be a breeze. Andy

4. Try downloading a sound recorder app on your phone & test yourself. Not 100% accurate but will give you some idea. Google it but think you hold your recording device a certain distance from sound source & off to the side.

5. Mine was ok 1200s with terms, at brands and Lyden hill, I did put baffle in but it would have passed with it out.

6. Earlier in the year i had my baffle out but even with ear plugs it was deafening me so it stays in for now. Strange how they have a habit of falling out & finding them wrapped neatly with allen key in backbox.:joy::joy:

7. You can just turn up to a track day and ask them to measure your bike.

8. Thanks for the responses! I might have a quick look at the app, I just don’t want to book up travel a long way and get binned. I like my termi and don’t want to convert back!

9. Just take the baffle with you & if too loud put it in.

10. If you have the baffle, save hassle and just fit it if concerned. Otherwise you could lose the first two session easily if you are having to put it in

11. BTW what track? Not many have 105 db, most being 102/99 area. If its castle combe, defo baffles in

12. Knockhill has a 105dB limit - mind you, it’s probably as far from houses as any track in the country. Still couldn’t take my 749R with the factory Termi though...

...at the other extreme, I’m probably doing the world’s quietest track driving there on Thursday - Jaguar i-Pace.

13. Hi Bradders, Caldwell park and thruxton.

14. Cadwell be fine but thruxton may be a challenge.

15. Care to share why?
    Mrs is doing them also on her cb1000r with a yoshi, “sounds” like we may have a problem!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information