1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Will The Bbs Module From 1199r Work On The 1199s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Spud312r, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Guys

I believe the 1199/1299 R traction control BBS module has the ability to self learn if you change tyre profiles/sizes - set it and roll forward for a while..

Any idea if this will work on the 1199S - this is related to the tyre size/profile thread of the TC on level 1 being set to work with 200/55 pirelli SC's

2. I would give Wilf a call at MotoRapido. He'll be able to tell you straight away if it's compatible or not.

3. Pretty sure the answer is No. The ECU "knows" the identity of the clocks, BBS etc connected to it on a specific bike. They are all mated as a family, at the factory. Same with the R. I've just been through this. Happy if others have had success though, you'll be further ahead than one of the UK's leading Ducati delaerships, so please let me know how you did it. Assuming not though, what it looks like is if you connect an R BBS module to your 1199S, your S ECU will know its not part of its jhappy family and will get all grumbly, flagging up errors. We couldn't get my nice new set of R clocks working on an S ECU even though we had access to the software and had remapped the S ECU previously.

So I'd exercise a bit of caution, hope for the best but expect the worst.

4. Oh...and +1 Wilf

5. Yep your right - totally incompatible..

Never mind just have to stick to 200/55 or live with the TC misbehaving.. esle turn it off..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information