1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will There Be A 2021 Tt

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Oct 5, 2020.

1. The current travel restrictions in place on the Island are unlikely to be lifted until 2021. If things were normal, people would have been booking accommodation 12 or 13 months in advance. How many B&Bs have survived, come to that, how many small hotels will have stayed in business ? The IOM SPC ferry is currently only allowed to carry IOM residents to and from the Island and the UK which isn’t enough business to keep them financially viable.
    There was an interesting comment made by an Irish road racer riding at Donington over the weekend, which intimated he wasn’t expecting any road racing at all next year. Andy

2. November is the cut off time for organizing it all , massive hit to the small business economy if it doesn’t
    But general feeling is it ain’t going to happen
    Besides we keep locking people up who come over o_O

• Like Like x 1
  3. Going on current events, it's got to look unlikely - unfortunately:worried:

4. Probably... Manx is better anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Paid my deposit for Silly Moos ...........and looking forward to Michael Dunlop racing the PBM Ducati.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Top viewing spot there, I remember watching Micky D sideways on the GSXR1000 from there one year. Plus a few spectators being harassed by Fresian cattle!!!!! Hilarious.
    I’ve missed the Island this year, fingers crossed for next year.
    Can the organisers, retailers, hotels etc. survive another cancellation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Well it’s only 34 weeks to wait

8. I would think any mass event is a non runner, unless you ran the TT like the premier league with no spectators which is very unlikely.

9. I've got ferries and digs lined up for the TT and the classic for 2121

I'm not confident either will run

But, having said that.... Economy is the only reason we're not in full lock down at the minute.

This second wave is turning out to be much closer to home..... I've bloody got the bugger.

10. Not good news, GWS. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  11. It's a strange one is this. I'm 5 days in now and I'm hoping to get through ok. It's unpredictable though.

At the minute, I'm feeling ok.... Next few days are gonna be important I suspect.

I do a real lot on Mountain bike so I'm in reasonable shape, I eat well and don't carry too much weight... I'm hoping my fitness and lifestyle pay dividends but as i said, it's unpredictable.

12. GWS.
    Fingers crossed for next year’s tt. Hope you haven’t paid for you digs they ain’t too good at refunds

13. GWS bud, although booking for the 2121 TT suggests you’re confident enough for your full recovery :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I've got to be optimistic :):)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Being optimistic is some of the best medicine available. Get Well Soon.
    Hope we are all there to enjoy Bikes n Beer next June.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Can't see any return to big events until 2022 in all honesty.

Eight months since the start of the pandemic and it seems we have learned very little.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Really hoping to see Michael Dunlop race the Ducati around the TT. Imagine if he won the Senior on a Ducati - that would be epic.

When they produced the 1,000 cc V4 I crossed my fingers it would end up at the TT, even better with Michael Dunlop on it.

Ferry booked as well as campsite.

18. We stopped there last year. Brilliant site and brilliant place to watch

19. And me, I stayed there last year as well. Only watched one race from there though.

My bike ... Windy Corner last year.....

upload_2020-10-7_19-54-35.png

#20 Mattie821, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information