1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will This Work?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Pavey, Oct 6, 2017.

1. You'd be better asking someone like rich at louigi moto or wilf at rapido I would have thought bud ? Sounds a good project though.:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Anybody have any idea? I'll call Moto Rapido tomorrow but any advice on here owl be helpful too.

Thanks.

3. You won't get anyone who can answer that question tomorrow as the race team will be off to Brands. It'll only be us Injuns working hard :). Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Was the S4RS not based on the 1098 engine? The part numbers look this way so probably won't work with 999 cases (only going by part numbers though so maybe doesn't mean much!)

5. @nelly might be able to help of course!

6. The S4RS is a 999 engine, apparently tuned for more torque (according to someone i spoke to). However due to the ssa is where i have come unstuck.

7. The part number for the 2008 1098 start 225.2.175 as does the S4RS
    The 06 999S starts with 225.2.119
    As I say, only going by part numbers but that doesn't hold true from the numbers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. That would make sense i suppose as the 1098 has the ssa.

9. And maybe @Derek :)

10. The swing arm mount on the 999 cases is different. I think the S4rs will be bigger due to single sided swing arm. At least I think that's right

11. That is, been down that road already and shed a tear once i realised it wont drop straight in.

12. Maybe why the part number seems to link more to the 1098 then?

13. They should swap ok. There are differences, like gear ratios etc. but the basic shafts for gearbox are the same. Bearings are the same. 999 cylinders are the same as S4RS etc.
    Main difference between those cases and the S4 are the swingarm bearings. S4 carry them in the cases whereas 999 carries them in the 'arm. Hence the different part numbers.

• Like Like x 2
  14. That's great Nelly, thanks. Is that a good price for the cases do you think?

15. Just had a chat in the workshop and in theory the concept should work. However, the S4RS crank is only the same part number as the 05 and 06 999 crank. The previous 999 years are unique. That doesn't mean cases from those years aren't compatible just that there is something different about the crank which is not immediately obvious from the parts list. Not much help I know but what you are proposing is clearly pretty unique. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Pro twins told me the s4rs engine is a 999s engine

17. They are wrong. Well it is, but the cases are different as the S4RS is a ssa and the 999s isn't. That's my conundrum.

18. S4RS is a single sided swing arm so the cases are different. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information