1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pikes Peak Wind Noise

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Daddy2coull, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Well I’ve had the PP for a few weeks now and I love it. Well I almost love it. I almost hate it too. The wind noise is unbearable. I’ve tried a standard screen and the PP carbon screen. Arai tour x and shoei x spirit 2. Nothing seems to make a difference and my ears are starting to bleed!!

There’s loads of you tube videos and posts about why X screen is better than Y screen but what I’d really like to do is try other screens without buying them all!!

Is there anyone in east anglia that wouldn’t mind me borrowing a screen for 5 minutes?

Cheers

Adam

2. Unless you are the adored child of a Munchkin couple, forget it, your search will be fruitless. It will be even worse when you follow a car or van. Like them or not, ear plugs are your best friend. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Earplugs are helping a little. But not enough and just ride with earplugs in. Maybe the bike will have to go.

4. I use moulded ear plugs and the wind noise doesn’t bother me. Andy

5. I've got the Conquest carbon PP copy carbon screen on my 1260 and before that on my DVT, tried numerous screens and found that the PP screen was best on the lowest setting, I'm 5ft10" using various helmets Shoei GT Air, Shuberth c3 pro and Arai RX7. I think the wind tends to hit me in the chest as opposed to me bonce. I also use ear plugs

6. It’s difficult to explain the noise. Maybe turbulence is a better way to describe it. It’s a deafening roar. At 60mph I cant even hear the bikes horn let alone anyone else’s.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I rode a naked hyper for two years with a peaked helmet and there were no horrible noises. I rode the demo and it was bloody noisy, but I’d read all the posts about the PP carbon screen being much better. But it isn’t.

8. I've gone through the following screens on my 2015 DVT:

Calsci short.
    MRA Vario
    Puig short racing.
    Puig touring.
    MRA Short.

I've settled on the MRA short at the upper setting. I use an Arai Tour x4. My seat is set to the upper setting, and I;m 5'8, and I use earplugs (DesignGO).

I've sold the MRA Varion, but may give the others a try again. I'd like to try the Ducati PP one, but I dont really want to part with the money!

2018-05-19 14.18.23.jpg

#8 al_b, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. My bike didn’t come with the supports to raise the seat. I may order them, but with the way the Ducati whorehouse is at the moment I doubt I’ll get them before my trip to Assen.

10. Where’s this whorehouse you speak of?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Wear a neck buff.

12. hi
    Chap on Facebook, Jamie Clare on Ducati Multistrada 950 1200 1260 Owners Group makes screen spacers that have cured most of the noise issue for me!

• Like Like x 1
  13. thanks, i'll look him up

14. how would this help?

15. I should have taken some pictures, but my lovely carbon PP screen is now covered in duct tape. I've closed up the vent and added a 'speed hump' in an attempt to push the air up and over me. I'll post the result and Blue Peter photo's tomorrow!

16. Either very low screen so it hits you mid chest or have a flip up lip added to the standard screen so it lifts over your head.

17. lower than the PP screen? i'm tempted to try the MRA vario, but read on here that some people have tried it and it hasn't helped.

18. As I said earlier, the one with the flip really didn't work. The short one on the other hand is infinitely better. Definitely agree with @bradders

19. lol, in which case I'm screwed as the low screen is pants.

out of interest, has anyone got a seat support kit that they aren't using? maybe lifting me up 20mm will help

20. Low screen is crap for me too, as I don’t like the wind under my chin. But the tall screen buffets my head a bit. Surely trying a flip up add on (it bolts to the screen) is better than getting rid (without trying) of the best bike out there?!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information