1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wine Clubs And Coffee Clubs

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by camelfarmer, Dec 9, 2017.

1. I’ve recently decided that I could be poorer and joined a couple of wine clubs and a coffee club.

I don’t know anything about wine, just getting into it. Just saw good introductory offers with the Sunday times wine club and Virgin wines so went for it. Only sampled the Sunday times one so far and I’m enjoying it.

I like to think I know a bit more about coffee. Had the most delicious coffee in a cafe in Prague called cafe Jen. Found out that their beans come from an English roaster called Hasbean. I now get a different bag of coffee sent to me every other Friday. It’s fantastic.

Anyone else getting their legal uppers and downers via a ‘club’?

2. Just noticed the Times Wine Club in the paper this morning...while drinking a lovely espresso I had just made...was slightly tempted by the deal but most likely will pass it up.

3. It’s no strings attached. You can get the 14 bottles for £55 and then cancel the next day for no cost. I decided to stay on because they don’t send you anything unless you want it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. At £4.00 per bottle I'd be interested to know what you get?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. My misses is part of a wine club! F@cking wines at me all the time!! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. What's this thread about? :confused:

7. F@ck knows. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Usually carefully blended sugar, chemicals & colourants.

9. I get the impression that they all do half price sorta introductory deals. The bottles probably cost a tenner each if bought on their own on average. After that the savings are more like 20%. It’s all about buying in bulk and tempting people with offers. But if you’re someone like me who usually buys a bottle in the supermarket or local wine store for £6-£30 depending on the occaision, I’m quite happy to try their choices and take the 20% saving.
    I don’t think it’s aimed at people who know a lot about wine or usually spend a lot on carefully selected bottles.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It goes in one hole and comes out of another hole. I have to say with the more expensive wines, when it comes out, I struggle to see the £30 difference

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. That's not the best time to drink it :)

12. Wine and coffee clubs!...... :astonished:

13. What's her name? Beau-jolais?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Says he who moans about the heating :)

15. Get mine from Grindhouse, currently working through a Columbia noir, love a good cup of coffee, recently indulged my fetish with a new Jura z8 bean to cup machine, trouble is when I work from home an espresso or latte is so accessible, I'm wired most of the time :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. All sounds a bit mincy to me....is everyone here drinking their thimble sized half-caff-double-de-caff-with-a-twist-of-lemon with their pinky finger out?

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I just use nespresso. I place four orders a year, but each one is £100 a pop :eek:

I like my espresso, I do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. It’s cheaper in the long run to get the beans and make it youreself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. I limit myself to 2 a day. 3 a day if it’s a long day and I’m going to the gym late.

20. I had to post it...sorry...someone had to on this thread.... :)
    Big-Cup-of-Shut-The-Fuck-Up_o_94445.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information