1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Wing Mirrors/indicators

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Gab285, May 26, 2017.

1. I managed to track down some wing mirror indicators from a Ducati dealer. The type that are Piero's bike if you've seen the pictures. I've tried installing them and they don't work. The dealer I bought them from said they needed to be fitted by a dealer and enabled via the ECU - any advice guys, is this true or are they duds ?

Wing mirror.jpg

2. They can only be activated by the dealers service 2.0 computer thingie.

3. I fitted them to my old 1200 (not DVT) multi with no problem at all, with no trip to the dealer, but I had removed the originals and replaced the hand guards with the heavier Enduro style ones (without indicators).

Are you trying to run both sets?

4. Thank you. I'll get myself booked in.
    Thanks Twin4me, no I'm not trying to run them both. Taken off the hand guards and plugged in the new mirrors, they're not coming on. I've downloaded the instructions, it doesn't mention about about enabling them via the ECU.

5. I have a set of these and they just plug in and work without any ecu nonsense.
    The stealer you bought them from is talking utter bollocks.

HTH

Deaks

6. Not sure but if there LED indicators make sure you have to polarity right they normally don't work if the - and + is wrong. might just need swapping
    over in the plug?

7. I fitted these to my 2012 's' and they were plug and play. But, that is if you have removed all the bodywork and petrol tank to chase the wiring to the connector which is buried under the petrol tank. If however you have chopped the wiring and made your own connection as was common and often recommended by dealers, jcmental's comment makes sense. In hindsight, the mirror is too small and the LED board is not bright enough in sunny conditions for other road users to see them. I had so many 'sorry mate, didn't see you' near misses on roundabouts, I went back to the original set up. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information