1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Wing Mirrors

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Robgsi, Aug 2, 2020.

1. HI does anyone now a good replacement for the oem mirrors or if you can just buy the arm ,as today I parked on the smallest of hills and the bike fell forward on to the mirror and snapped the arm. Not impressed with the stand anyone else had any problems?

2. Never had a problem with my sidestand in the last 5 years...
    You did leave the bike in gear and pushed forward to take up the transmission backlash when you left it,.......didn’t you???

3. I would check if the 899 mirrors will fit the V2 , cos the 899 mirrors fold, if you think they will fit ok buy a pair second hand off eBay.
    Why Ducati stopped putting the folding mirrors on just doesn’t make sense?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Unless Ducati just wanted to generate extra revenue from broken mirrors on V2 & V4 Panigales, yours is the second post this week regarding broken mirrors,..commiserations dude:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I'm in a similar position, but thankfully my mirror didn't break.

20 years of riding, dozen + new bikes, loading into vans for track days etc etc, never dropped a bike until a few weeks ago.

Side stand wasn't down properly when i got off it in a petrol station. I nearly held it, but my left hamstring popped and down it went :tired_face:

All that was damaged was the bar end and a scratch on the clutch lever :astonished:. It must be because I practically put it down, rather than it fully drop.

Mirror does has a mark which i didn't see until i got home. Bar end and lever have been replaced, but the mirror at £150 can stay for the time being.

6. How much did they both cost you?

• Like Like x 1
  7. The 899 ones don’t fit, definitely, the 959 may be closer but the 899 for sure don’t, they are at a totally different angle etc

8. I had already changed them for Evotech ones. The originals weren't on it so I don't know what the replacement costs are sorry

Evotech charged me £10 plus postage for one black end piece, and I changed the levers to Performance Tuning ones. Though I did touch up the damage and it wasn't really noticeable.

IMG_20200711_173847_2.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I bought the Moto Science / FAR foldable ones from Italy. I think they were about £160 or £170 for the pair. Not going to help you much now but might be worth considering if like me, you need to get your bike through a narrow door.

62AB2326-5ABD-43D4-B534-1195B2171B4C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1

10. Oh come on bud stop posting picks of your bike before the update;):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Would be interested if someone finds some that don’t vibrate as badly! I’m used to vibrating Ducati mirrors but these are a whole new level!!!!

12. I had probs with sidestand. The pivot bolt seemed to jam the return spring which would retract if left unchecked.
    Some bikes used up loads of lefthand fairings, wing mirrors etc.. The wing mirrors could do with strengthening an a better spring system. I heard that there some after market items avaiable for another brand of bike, Cheaper and better. I shall let you know when I look through my references.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rizoma

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information