1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wings...

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by AndrewS, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Has anyone come up with blanking plates or dimilar to allow removal of the wings on the SF V4S? The looks are growing on me, but the wings look faintly ridiculous (IMO)!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. interesting Q. ducati would probably say they are essential (downforce etc etc though appreciate you have to be moving rapidly for them to make any difference) and might affect warranty?? must admit they were probably the thing i really wasn't sure about but they don't worry me now and just keen to swop them for some nice carbon ones :upyeah:

3. So has anyone done it???

4. That looks so much better (at least IMO)!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pretty sure they have been recently added on Conquest performance parts, Ducabike product, Not cheap mind! I’m in total agreement with the look:eek: Wings on a Superbike is fair enough! But not a naked.... It just looks so wrongo_O I’ve seen pictures with them removed and it visually looks considerably slimmer. I’d be more inclined to make my own (cad) Cardboard aided design!! ....template then knock some up from a sheet alloy. Prime and paint and job done.

6. Glad it's not just me that doesn't like them!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I just want to speak up on behalf of the wings. The SF isn't the prettiest bike, and you have to know what it is to appreciate it. I'm tempted, but my mates [who are not really into bikes] tell me to keep my 959 as it looks so much more special.

The wings at least hint that it's something a bit special. In my mind, the worst aspect of the looks is the humungous radiator, so they also help offset that ;)

To be clear, if I could afford a SF V4 S with Akras (and all the other bits I'd want), I'd have one.

KEEP THE WINGS! :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 959 with its DSSA and Pringle can exhaust has to be the worst Pani to date.
    Sales figures back that up hence the short product lifecycle and rapid introduction of the V2.

9. Nice. DSSA didn't harm the 899 sales afaik. I didn't like the side-exhaust either, so I went for the underbelly Akras. The Corse has the Ohlins and other tweaks which makes it a great bike for me.

10. If you like it dont let others put you off

11. If you flip it under full throttle will you feel silly.

12. Keep the wheelie control on?

My wings are off and there are 2 big sails on the front.

I dont mind the wings but keeping them for track days.

If I am going fast enough to be generating any significant down force my license is what id be worried about not a power wheelie. 20220509_200627.jpg 20220509_200632.jpg 20220509_200627.jpg 20220509_200642.jpg 20220508_102355.jpg

13. Hmm, it’s tricky, loved the pics with the wings removed, but then the last pic with the stock wings does make the bike a little different/special. Each to their own, awesome either way.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information