1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Boredom

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Deano69, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Well I must be bored as I've just spent over an hour in the garage washing and conditioning my leathers, But looking at the weekend weather forecast the ducati and the freshly cleaned leathers might be playing out..

• Like Like x 3
  2. Forecast to be no different tomorrow here and a little warmer Sunday, I’ll be wearing textiles always seem colder in leathers. Not looking forward to cleaning the road grime off my bike.

3. they must be tiny! - hope you get out on your full-scale one soon. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Have to say I’m getting bored now. I’ve not had the Scrambler for 5 weeks and I can’t wait to get it back next week fully serviced and shod with new tyres.

5. No such thing as boredom! Yesterday I did almost nothing. Today I realised I did not finish, so today I shall continue doing almost nothing. I have just found an old sock from one of my offspring and fitted it to money pit with four legs. 08857FFA-A522-4F52-A9E0-5091FB0DB1C7.png 08857FFA-A522-4F52-A9E0-5091FB0DB1C7.png 08857FFA-A522-4F52-A9E0-5091FB0DB1C7.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. Now looking for something else not to do:)

7. Have you considered not putting the bins out?

8. That’s the highlight of the week! Without my bins and exploits involved, life would be meaninglesso_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Can’t you delay putting them out to confuse the neighbours or put the wrong bin out? Just to spice things up a little.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I do! I change days! Even hid next doors and returned it back the next day. Swapped bins with neighbours! Never bored with a faithful bin!
    Seriously thought of swapping the lids on my bins so that body colours did not match tops! All this was caused by a certain young lady on this site demanding pictures of bins with bikes.:D Madness, driven to madness!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Although initially, this would heavily upset your schedule of doing nothing during your waking hours, with a fresh sheet of paper, you could sit down and redesign the dustbin, and also set to to design an automated system that takes the bin out to the front of your property and brings it back again. Early pioneering versions could be radio controlled maybe but a more sophisticated design could be fully automated, leaving you even more time for nothingness.

12. Done that and even allowed for direct recharging from solar panels on my roof. I had in mind using time programmed, implanted floor sensors to direct bin flow with impact fail safes. Transfer system direct to Bin lorry. Not happy putting people out of work so maybe a non starter.
    Many years ago I redesigned the onboard compactors for Dempster to reduce machining costs and fitment times on the rotating cams. Bin man through and through! Started off working on flying dustbins, simply progressed to the ground based cuddly ones. Off to concentrate on nothing now:)

13. You say that you’ve bin there, but you’re still taking the stuff out manually? Design must’ve been rubbish. :)

14. I agree, no progress being made at all. The simple solution is to build a high strong fence around your property. Then throw the rubbish over it. Problem solved.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Superb design! Bloody expensive way of emptying a bin once a fortnight. Binned the idea as not cost effective along with my idea for a super sonic tunnel link from Bolton to Miami.
    The last design I did that almost made it was a massive gun for Saddam Hussein. Worked with Forgemasters on that one. Couldn’t get anyone to make a holster big enough! I was fired not the gun.
    Off to rethink the drone lifting idea with direct pick up from my property with auto opening bottom chute for delivery to the land fill or recycle centre……

16. re: "not cost effective" - you value your manual, weekly bin-wheeling hourly rate too lowly my man, particularly in view of your past portfolio. ;)

17. Hourly rate! Hard pushed to keep a pulse rate at my age!
    Working on Bin Bomber project as we speak. Pat Pending.

18. Cleaned the man cave out,unwrapped the ducati from her winter slumber unfortunately the frost and fog put me off taking her out..boredom resumes

20220115_122734.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. That is just too well sorted! Tidier than my bedroom!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Looks like my conservatory -bikes and tools!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information