1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Winter Prep

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Duc1299, Dec 13, 2017.

1. hey, how do you prep your bike (hibernating until April) for the winter months ahead, i usually connect to trickle charger and start it up every couple of weeks.

When bored i give it another coat of wax n polish

It’s a LONG winter

2. I’ve always been told not to start it. Unless you can run it enough to really heat everything up. Reason being you can cause condensation for form internally if you just run it a bit.

Mine will be living in the kitchen this winter!

• Like Like x 5
  3. Coat all the metal parts with ACF50.
    I connect a charger and leave it on from morning until evening (only 2 hours on lithium ones) once a week. I would not leave on for 24/7.
    I fill up the tank with fresh petrol, add Putoline E10 Fuel fighter or Motul Fuel Preserver, run the engine until fuel gets to injectors.
    When the exhaust has cooled down, I plug the exhaust holes (or get a plastic bag over).
    It would also not harm to cover the ram air inlets.Just push a plastic bag in there.
    Once a month move the brake/clutch levers and compress the suspension. Best to lift the tyres off the ground.
    I start up only after 2 months and blip the trottle to fully warm up the engine.
    Even is left in closed space I would certainly get a cover over...which you probably done.

Once waxed I do not see a point in waxing again if not used.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mines not moved since September. I just opened the garage, put motorcycle in garage & shut the garage lol

Occasionally plug it in although it never seems to want for it.

Never start it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Prop mine up against the shed with a tarp thrown. Never done it any harm. :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. My 853 lives in the utility room all year round. Andy

7. Mine live at work during winter months, on paddock stands fuel out of all of them and crack the fuel caps open. Il put chargers on about March. All seem to be good.

8. I use it occaisionally on a dry day. I used acf 50 last year, but got lazy this year, so getting a garage to do it for me next week.

9. What's winter?:cool:

10. 20171210_115432.jpg
    This is winter!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Well, this chap in a nylon adidas tracksuit said he’d look after it over the winter for fifty quid, bruv.
    Seemed like a bargain.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Any sign of sun and we are ready to ride!

3BBCD690-0EF5-4CC2-A34B-82E05EFF9A06.jpeg

#13 TT600, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Your a tough bunch over there. Anything less than 55 degrees and I'm bitching up a storm.

14. Some people just don't seem to worry...
    Ducati Saarland Winterlager.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. I'd put the wife out before that.

16. Bet you're popular at home. :)

17. Not often. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mine go in the garage, with a trickle charger on them both.

If the weather is half decent then I'll get the Scrambler out for a couple of hours now and then.

19. If it’s dry I do like a Boxing Day ride on the Pani. Roads are normally quiet.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information