1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Tyres..

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by andyb, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Does anyone use and if so what sort of winter tyres on their hypermotard please? ta

2. No for me but, if i was going to choose a " winter tyre " i guess id be going for a semi off road tyre....a scorpion trail 2 or something like that...something that displaces a lot of water...

3. i had metzler tourance on my hyper sp and loved them

4. Most sports touring tires these days have duel compound which cope really well in heat or cold and wet. When I had my Hyper 11000S I used Bridgestone 021, tbh, it’s all in the right hand with the Hyper, gentle throttle in the wet.
    Sports touring tires warm up much quicker than a full on sports tyre , so imo they make a good all year round tyre for road riding.
    I miss the hyper, brill bike and sexy looking of them all......

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I've used them on a van, front wheel drive.
    I couldn't get up the hills in South London to the M25.....
    the only way to get grip in the cold.
    Made a massive difference.

However if it's that cold..... I wouldn't be on a bike :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. what about something like this..
    Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 14.31.37.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Off roading ???
    Not for tarmac......A proper road tire would give much better grip in all weathers

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I hired a car in Switzerland and drove from the airport to our friends’ farm, which is at the top of a steep switchback. Going up, I found the car slithered a bit and thought these winter tyres aren’t so very great.
    Then in the morning, I realised I’d been driving on polished ice...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I've just stuck a set of Continental Road Attack 3's on mine. A good all round tyre.

But then, any rubber with the semblance of a tread is an improvement on the Super Corsa's in these inclement conditions.

10. Good to see you took my advice J.R.!

Another vote for RA3's. Truly excellent all around tyre.

11. PR5 for road winter riding.

12. Looks like they do a 190/55 so fit multi

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. i'll be honest, i tried black circles and my local supplier. neither listed them. i'll find a supplier and get a set in. brilliant tyres imho

14. Go for it , they do Hyper821 sizes and I had good experience with these as OE fit on Scrambler, road , Track and gravel trails

15. I would recomend conti tkc 80 with studs they come in sizes for ordinary roadbikes

Do Not Sell My Personal Information