1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Wiring Question

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Jet Black, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Hi folks
    Just noticed this wiring loom which goes into the junction box. Should this be covered up? It's on a 749
    upload_2022-2-12_9-57-12.png

2. If you look down the wires into the back of the plug you'll probably find some red or yellow rubber bungs around the cable itself. They seal the plug from water ingress. I don't like the look of those either. On mine, some have extra rubber boots and some don't. I got some new boots from China and I'm slowly de-pinning all the connectors to install new or extra boots.

3. Jet, that looks like the RH switch connector block, it is shown in the factory service manual wiring arrangement photos as unsealed on the backs of the connector, there are a few like that in the headstock area. Whether they need sealing is debateable as sealing a connector that is designed to be open can trap water (unless it is very carefully done) and cause corrosion as the water can't evaporate out.
    You can download the manual from this post https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/free-ducati-owner-workshop-manuals.593/page-7#post-1309624 and check out the photos in section P1

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. thanks guys

5. recent upgrade battery lead kit came with A tube of dielectric grease to go over terminals - I noted that some of the Ducati connectors already seemed to contain a type of grease -My grandfather used lanolin in the REME and later the pit (although warned me not to used on battery terminals as it would dissolve the bitumen top!). A quick search showed this is still used for electrical protection.

6. that's cool....thank you

Do Not Sell My Personal Information