1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Woeful Mirrors

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by beanerno1, May 24, 2018.

1. Hey folks, been a while... anyhoo
    The mirrors on these bikes?!?, mine are really bad with the motor vibration, I can just about make out there is a car behind me but that’s about it,.
    Is this the same with everyone’s or just mine?
    Any ideas on a solution?, mirrors from another model maybe? Or even bar end mirrors ..
    Cheers
    Ben

2. Just the same old Ducati mirrors then!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Would agree, not the greatest I have to say.
    Also look to be quite fragile.

4. Mine didn't wobble while riding, but they almost came off when a mosquito landed on them, and a brush with the barn door but whatever that's just details - very fragile brackets.

They've joined the shelf labelled "oem stuff i took off"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You could always fit these.

A24BD8CE-5BB3-4212-8BA4-5828A0985D97.jpeg

0352521D-753A-4DDD-9333-B568A4D344BE.jpeg

363BBECD-38FE-4A83-9F20-EAE28E362BE4.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. I have to admit, I’m really don’t like the looks of bar mirrors, but do they work any better? Vibration and view etc,, do you notice the drag against the bars?, also what are the blanks fitted?
    Cheers
    Ben

7. They work much better no vibration at all . Mirrors are from the USA the make is Revzilla not cheap but u get what you pay for , indicators from design corse

8. Got block off plates on my rsv4 and the running lights turned into indicators. Ive got one oberon bar end mirror on the RSV4. Solid, doesnt vibrate and has good optics. Oh yeah the mirrors on the rsv are shit too - all you can see is your elbow...awesome. Its almost a case of "if thats the best your going to do....then you may as well not bothered."

9. yeah for me bar ends on a Monster all day long, but my pref is not on a sportsbike. totally see how they are functionally better though

10. I've got an Oberon bar end mirror in a box waiting for Futurismoto to bring out their mirror blockoff/indicator thingies.

Bar end mirrors on the Striple I just ordered look right. I'm not 100% convinced about what they'll look like on the V4, but as the OP says you can't see much in the OEM mirrors due to vibration, and they snap like twiglets by all accounts.

I'll post a piccie when all the bits are ready - but that might not be until July.

11. Tell me about it.
    Broke 2 mirrors already while pushing the bike through the narrow shed door. Now Ductape stays on on the 2nd one.

12. I think they look alright... these are rizoma knock offs.

BA6FBB98-97B5-44BB-859C-7444ED0E7776.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Wife took one of mine off last night while putting her push bike in the garage...seemed to barely touch it and it was snapped in two :-( That's £140 that I'll never see again!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. Not bad. Where did you get them?

15. AliExpress

16. I've just brought a 1199s and agree the mirrors are sh#t going to replace them with bar end mirrors
    But what about indicators where can I buy from
    Thanks

17. You have two options there. Bar end indicators or mirror deleted with integrated turn signals. I personally went with the bar end indicators and am pretty happy with my decision.

18. Thanks but where did you buy them from

19. I got my bar end mirrors locally here in India, but if you don’t mind shelling out the big bucks, Oberon makes some really fancy ones. Shop around on eBay for some lower cost options as well.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information