1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work In Progress.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by mervyn, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Slowly we are hopefully getting somewhere with this old Brit. DSC_0095.JPG

• Like Like x 13
  2. Very nice Mervyn. :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. More pics and info please Mervyn

• Like Like x 1
  4. V.Cool Merv :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Love it, a timeless classic.
    MORE PICS! (please) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lovely merv

You forgot your bin ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Splayed head twin carb 650, which suggests Bonneville but the side case says Thunderbird.
    What's the story - what cams are in it??
    Great job, btw...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looking good- 4.months until that first crisp spring day ride....

• Like Like x 1
  10. My envy knows no bounds Merv. :upyeah:Along with @Old Jock s Guzzi's Im green. :)

11. download.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thank you for all your likes and kind words.I will put up some info later,and hopefully find some more photos.

13. @bootsam dinged me so I thought I'd take a peek

That's looking terrific @mervyn

You're doing considerably better than me right now, I've got 2 Guzzis in bits for different reasons (although not the one boot's likes, it's running)

John

• Like Like x 1
  14. Does it run

15. Just a little more info as requested.The bike was constructed by two brothers in the early sixties.The engine is a 6T Thunderbird engine mounted in a Norton Wideline frame.Gearbox is a Slickshift.
    I bought the bike in 2008 and realised within a short space of time there were many things which had either been bodged or had never received the correct maintenance.
    Everything from wiring to knackered valve guides.A supposedly overhauled magneto which was on its last legs,and a considerably abused clutch.
    However,on taking inventory of what I had bought I found a lot of period parts which were of quite some value.
    Genuine Manx petrol and oil Tanks.John Tickle Racing clip ons,rear sets,twin leading shoe front brake,and top yoke.Also came with a Cibie reverse dish headlamp.Mounting plates were by Converta.Smiths Chronometrics to complete the look.
    I used the bike up to 2010,its last Mot.Circumstances meant that the bike was put in the garage for some years before it was looked at again.
    Mrs Mervyn suggested I have a workshop put in the garden so I could put the Triton in there and work on as and when.
    I am replacing the kick start mechanism and clutch basket,plates,etc,with a view to seeing if we have lift off in the near future.It has an overhauled 9 stud twin carb head running new carbs.Also new is the 750 Morgo conversion which replaces the knackered one I took off.Sparks come from a Lucas K2F magneto.
    If I have problems I will pay to have whatever needs doing.
    My aim is to hear it running again,whatever it takes.
    I have only found three photos, P1010040.JPG P1010041.JPG P1010042.JPG will take a load more and put them up on here in the near future

• Like Like x 10
  16. Keeping everything crossed.

17. 750 nine stud Morgo conversion with compression lowering plate.As you say,Thunderbird case.Not any knowledge on the cams,but when I rode it there was a noticeable pick up in power when reaching a certain rev range.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hello merv how is my old baby

19. N/
    Has a premium spot in the garage.One of the nicest bikes I have owned.When I do get the odd ride it gives me a great deal of pleasure.
    How you doing bike wise?
    Mervyn

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information