1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Workshop Stool?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Alan-g, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Finally got an email with a vat free offer on all clarke tools at Machine Mart that i have been waiting for so i can order a bike lift.
    Going to get the CML3 Air hydraulic lift table. https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cml3-air-foot-pedal-operated-hydraulic/

Thinking i should get a stool to go with it but not sure if the clarke one is any good.
    https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cms2-height-adjustable-mechanics-seat/

Its only £24 with the vat free discount but it certainly looks only £24.
    Has anyone the got clarke stool, any good?

Anyone got a recommendation for a similar stool thats not too much dearer?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. I use an old R Whites Lemonade plastic crate with a pillow, seen years of use and still works fine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. I use a child’s plastic chair from when my daughter was little.
    Works a treat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. s-l225.jpg s-l2252.jpg s-l2254.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Or search for Salon Massage stools on Ebay - from £20 ish

s-l225s.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600s.jpg

6. I've got something like this, not exactly the same make, but handy for putting bits and bobs underneath as you work. :upyeah: Even using a bike lift, sometimes I have used it when working under the bike.

Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 20.12.02.png

Also, if you haven't got one, get a kneeling mat. There are times when you can't be bothered with putting the bike on the ramp for a 5 min job and want to kneel on the floor. Invaluable for old man's knees. :confused:

Kneeling Mat

• Like Like x 1
  7. Or if you like looks over function, put some more small castors in the bottom of these (they are boot storage stools for the pit) with the graphic of the model of your bike on them.

Not practical but they look great.

Boot storage stools.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ive also got a couple of these (different name and colour), My dad stole the first one so had to get another :astonished:, Not great quality but for the money there still going strong, Could never be without one now

9. From the school of tight arse. I have seen some when doing cafe reps, use a skateboard deck as the seat[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

So why not use an old motorbike seat of any kind, and attach it to an old skateboard? It will keep you off the cold floor, wide enough for most fat arses, raises you enough to do work, and it's moveable whilst on it. Plus the kids can play with it when you're not.

10. Coz you have to buy an old bike seat, an old skateboard, 2 rolls of gaffer tape and a paper bag to put over your head as you use it. o_O All a bit more expensive than buying a proper garage seat. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Be honest Rob, look at that list you've given and apart from stealing the kids skateboard, what biker hasn't got the rest of that stuff, justified to the mrs as "just in case" ?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. Was in machine mart today and just went for the clarke stool. Fairly impressed with the quality for the price definitely better in person than in the photos. Bike lift table arrives on Thursday

• Like Like x 2
  13. [​IMG]

?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Workshop stool? Na mate I (almost) always use the loo

15. I always have one of these as a workshop stool - free when they're being thrown out of offices once the backs break, they can carry quite a load, so I use them for wheeling engines around, (hence the grubbyness) height adjustable and all day comfortable

IMG_0167.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information